If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
sandyNasution
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

net.rim.device.api.barcodelib cannot be resolved

Hallo everyone, im a rookie and i feel really interested in trying to build an application using barcode for Blackberry. I'm using Blackberry JRE 5.0 in Eclipse and it cannot resolve the "net.rim.device.api.barcodelib", I've been trying to search and had spent the whole night but i still cant find the library. please help!!!  any advice will be highly appreciated. thank you..

Please use plain text.
Developer
jprofitt

Re: net.rim.device.api.barcodelib cannot be resolved

That's part of the 6.0 JRE, you won't be able to use it in 5.0. There are some third-party libs around but I've never used any.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sandyNasution

Thank yor for the reply, I do have the lib for Zxing, however it still requieres the barcodelib. so the solution is I should get the 6.0, right? I will try to find more on this matter, thank you.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
katharnavasg
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Airtel

Zxing doesn't require internal barcodelib which is included in 6.0 version. please go through the zxing library carefully and related posts which will help you to use zxing for 5.0 effectively.

Regards,
KatharNavaS.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sandyNasution

[ Edited ]

Thank you for the advice Mr katharnavasg,, I was trying the example code provided..the Zxing is working fine but the coding requires the combnation of barcodelib and Zxing, that was what I meant..I will definitely go through them again, as you have suggested,  thank you very much..

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sandyNasution

I have upgraded the JRE 5.0  to version 6.0, and it's working just fine now, thank you very much for the advice heheheh..

Please use plain text.