Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: 9900

nfc peer to peer communication

i have a blackberry jde 7.1.0 with simulator 9900  and 9930 ,9380 and nfc simulator 4.2.3 for peer tp peer communcation i have changed the simulator .bat files on 9380 it worked succesfully but while giving the uri using connection center to the simulators as RFdevice 1 and 2 and i am selecting the objects as micropass as 1st object and nfc device 2 as 2nd object.. then restarting the simulators only 1 RFDevice is activated and the other one has got a error to check the nfc uri(i have checked it many times) but its not working...

can anyone help me regarding this issue

Retired
My Device: Z10

Re: nfc peer to peer communication

The OpenNFC Simulator does not work fully with 7.1.

See http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/37041/Known_issues_BB_smrtphn_simulator_186677...

I recommend you use real devices for your testing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim
New Contributor
My Device: 9900

Hi

Even I have a requirement to get NC peer to peer transaction working . I am using Blackberry 7.0 plugin 9900 simulator and NFC simulator and connection center for testing .

I would like to know how should I use all these components for simulating two different devices which would communicate hrough NFC .

Also please tell if among devices 9380 is better or 9900 is better for NFC peer to peer applications

Retired
My Device: Z10

I don't think you can use simulators for true P2P simulation. Realistically you need two physical devices. Any model Blackberry smart phone which has NFC is fine but for peer to peer it must be running 7.1.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim