Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
server3489
My Device: Not Specified

notifyPaused() in UIApplication

Hi,

is it possible in a UIApplication to have something similar to the 'notifyPaused()' method from Midlets?

The systemlistener does not do it.

I searched for it, but have not come out with anything.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: notifyPaused() in UIApplication

Application.deactivate is called when an application moves to the background.  Does this capture what you are looking for?
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Developer
server3489
My Device: Not Specified

No. I want to know when something is happening that prevents my app from running continually (as well in foreground as in background), for example an incoming phone call or any other possibility. So I know, for that time my app is paused or all events happening at that time in my app are ignored due to for example an incoming phone call.
Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: O2 Germany

this is not the case, an application runs in the background when a phonecall arrives.
because the incoming call screen has the highest possibe priority and is a global screen all other applications are covered by it.
as soon as the user has answered (or denied) the call your application could return to the foreground (you have to use a phone listener though).

on phones that are not on wifi or 3G calls interrupt data connections, use the CoverageInfo methods as well as RadioInfo.isDataServiceSuspended to check for this condition, and again a phone listener can be used to complement this.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.