Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
frank1300
My Device: Not Specified

pap response codes

ocassionally, i am getting this error when pushing a pap message to the mds connection service.

device ack code = 5234

device ack status = undeliverable

mds ack description = net.rim.protocol.iplayer.d.b: Push connection aborted

i am wondering what this code means. has anyone encountered this? anyone know of url/link to documentation for the 5xxx implementation specific pap response codes? thanks.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: pap response codes

Is this error returned to your application or do you see it in the log files for the MDS Connection service.  Are you using the MDS Simulator or a BlackBerry Enterprise Server?  What version of MDS Simulator/Connection Server/BlackBerry Enterprise Server are you testing with?

What BlackBerry model and handheld software version are you testing with?  Can you reproduce this on demand?  If so, in what scenario is this response code returned?

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
bb_cladsa
My Device: 9000

I noticed this error while using BES and the sample HTTPPushDemo. However my client app was not running at the time when i tried to push a message.

New Developer
frank1300
My Device: Not Specified

from the experiences we had.... think this error code means the data message is somehow corrupted and the mds can not process it. we have programmatic processes that generate pap messages. once in a while the mds kicks out this error for a msg. its rarely reproduceable if u keep sending it the same bad msg, but usually the error does not occur if u try a resend of the same msg. thinking some funky combination of escape characters, maybe a non-clean windows/unix file conversion, or a http transport / network error can manifest this error. recall in the past we had a large size message orginating from a solaris box that would consistently reproduce this. simply opened and saved the msg in vi, resent, and it worked. we wrote "retry" code in our sync engine to work around this error when it occurs. if it keeps happening, try reformatting the message and verify there are no hidden/null characters.