Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Super Contributor
Achin
My Device: BOLD 9900

parse data is not inserting into database

hi, i have web service and i'm feteching data from webservice and storing that data into database,but i that was giving exception  and i have checked that my databae is created succesfully on device and i'm closing properly
here is the code

try{
	        	conn = (StreamConnection) Connector.open("http://tandonindia.com/story_new_xml?user=500"+";deviceside=true"/*+";interface=wifi"*/); 			

DocumentBuilderFactory docBuilderFactory = DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance();  
	    		docBuilderFactory.setIgnoringElementContentWhitespace(true);
	    		docBuilderFactory.setCoalescing(true);

DocumentBuilder docBuilder = docBuilderFactory.newDocumentBuilder();    

docBuilder.isValidating();      

is = conn.openInputStream();    
	    		doc = docBuilder.parse(is);     
	    		doc.getDocumentElement().normalize(); 
	    		System.out.println ("ROOT ELEMENT OF DOCUMENT IS=  " +  doc.getDocumentElement().getNodeName());
	    		//add(new LabelField(""+  doc.getDocumentElement().getNodeName()));

NodeList nodeList = doc.getElementsByTagName("item");
	    		for (int i = 0; i < nodeList.getLength(); i++){
	    			//System.out.println(""+nodeList.getLength());

Node node = nodeList.item(i);
	    			if(node.getNodeType() == Node.ELEMENT_NODE) {

Element element = (Element) node;
	    	    		  NodeList nodelist = element.getElementsByTagName("Week");
	    	    		  Element element1 = (Element) nodelist.item(0);
	    	    		  NodeList fstNm = element1.getChildNodes();
	    	    		  System.out.print("Week-- " + (fstNm.item(0)).getNodeValue().toString());

Element element2 = (Element) node;
	            		  NodeList nodelist1 = element2.getElementsByTagName("Year");
	            		  Element element3 = (Element) nodelist1.item(0);
	            		  NodeList fstNm1 = element3.getChildNodes();
	            		  System.out.println("\nYear-- "+(fstNm1.item(0)).getNodeValue().toString());

//For retriving text from node notification
	            		  Element element4 = (Element) node;
	            		  NodeList nodelist2 = element4.getElementsByTagName("subject");
	            		  Element element5 = (Element) nodelist2.item(0);
	            		  NodeList fstNm2 = element5.getChildNodes();
	            		  System.out.println("subject--"  + (fstNm2.item(0)).getNodeValue().toString());

//For retriving text from node Link
	            		  Element element15 = (Element) node;
	            		  NodeList nodelist21 = element15.getElementsByTagName("storypath");
	            		  Element element51 = (Element) nodelist21.item(0);
	            		  NodeList fstNm22 = element51.getChildNodes();
	            		  System.out.println("storypath--"  + (fstNm22.item(0)).getNodeValue().toString());

try {
								db2 = DatabaseFactory.open(str);
								 db2.beginTransaction();
								 Statement statmnt2 = db2.createStatement("INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,storypath) VALUES("+"'"+(fstNm.item(0)).getNodeValue().toString()+"','"+(fstNm1.item(0)).getNodeValue().toString()+"','"+(fstNm2.item(0)).getNodeValue().toString()+"','"+(fstNm22.item(0)).getNodeValue().toString()+"')");
								 System.out.println("INSERTING STORYIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS");

statmnt2.prepare();
								 statmnt2.execute();
								 statmnt2.close();

db2.commitTransaction();
								 db2.close();
							} catch (Exception e) {
								// TODO Auto-generated catch block
								db2.close();
								System.out.println("1111222333"+e.toString());

e.printStackTrace();
							}

}

}
	    		System.out.println("----------------");

}catch(Exception e){

System.out.println("error 1"+e.getMessage());
	        }

and the error i got is below

net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('25','2013','PRIZE VEGETABLE!','Baba told this story to the students at Kodaikanal.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
Achin

Re: parse data is not inserting into database

d the exception

SQL logic error or missing database

i get in console is below

1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('33','2012','WHAT MADE YOU GIVE ME THE STONE!','A wise man who was travelling in the mo[0.0] untains found a precious stone in a stream. The next da[0.0] y he met another traveller who was hungry, and the wise man opened his bag to share his food. The hu[0.0] ngry traveller saw the precious stone and asked the man to give it to him. He did so without hesitat[0.0] ion. The traveller left, rejoicing in his good fortune.[0.0]  He knew the stone was worth enough to give him security for a lifetime.
[0.0] 
[0.0] But a few days later he came back to return the stone to the wise man. 
[0.0] 
[0.0] Ive been thinking, he said, I know how valuable the stone is, but I give it back to you in the hope [0.0] that you can give me something even more precious. Give me what you have within you that enabled you[0.0]  to give the stone tome to me.'): SQL logic error or mi[0.0] ssing database
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] INSERTING STORYIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('34','2012','REAL VALUE!','A poor man found a glittering stone on the road. He didnt kn[0.0] ow it was a diamond. 
[0.0] 
[0.0] A merchant who was passing by saw the stone and decided to cheat the man out of it. He offered him a[0.0]  hundred rupees for the diamond. The man thought it would be worth a little more than that and asked[0.0]  for two hundred rupees.
[0.0] 
[0.0] The merchant haggled with him for some time, and asked the man to wait while he went home to fetch t[0.0] he money.
[0.0] 
[0.0] When the merchant returned, he found that the man had already sold the stone.
[0.0] 
[0.0] I got five hundred for it, said the poor man, smiling.
[0.0] 
[0.0] You fool cried the merchant, It was worth at least a lac of rupees.
[0.0] 
[0.0] The man laughed and replied, I dont know anything about diamonds so I sold it. But you knew the ston[0.0] es worth and didnt take it while you could. So youre the fool.'): SQL logic error or missing databas[0.0] e
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('35','2012','MAKE A LINE SMALLER!','A teacher drew a line on the black-board. 
[0.0] 
[0.0] He asked the students, How can you make this line smaller?
[0.0] 
[0.0] Most of the students thought it was a very simple thing. They said, We can erase a part of the line [0.0] and make it smaller.
[0.0] 
[0.0] The teacher said, Do it without touching the given line. One of the boys, stood up from his place we[0.0] nt to the board and drew a line much bigger than the line drawn by the teacher.
[0.0] 
[0.0] Come up in life by your own deeds; not by putting others down.'): SQL logic error or missing databas[0.0] e
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('36','2012','AIM TO MISS!','A king went  on a hunt accompanied, amongst others, by his [0.0] court jester. The whole day they rode through the fores[0.0] t but not a single animal was to be found.
[0.0] 
[0.0] As they were about to return, they saw a beautiful baby deer basking in the evening sun.
[0.0] 
[0.0] The king quickly pulled out his bow, took careful aim, and let fly the arrow. Whizzzz The arrow zipp[0.0] ed inches away from the deer, which bolted into the trees.
[0.0] 
[0.0] Wonderful aim Great shot: cried the jester, applauding loudly.
[0.0] 
[0.0] You fool shouted the king. How dare you make fun of me:
[0.0] 
[0.0] Not at all, Your Majesty, replied the jester. The deer was so beautiful that you sent your arrow clo[0.0] se enough to warn it, but not close enough to hit it. So Im applauding your precision and your kindn[0.0] ess.'): SQL logic error or missing database
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('37','2012','CARAVAN SERAI!','A Sufi of forbidding appearance arrived at the doors of t[0.0] he palace. No one dared to stop him as he made his way [0.0] right up to the throne on which the saintly Ibrahim Ben Adam sat.
[0.0] 
[0.0] What is it you want? asked the king.
[0.0] 
[0.0] A place to sleep in this caravanserai.
[0.0] 
[0.0] This is no caravanserai. This is my palace.
[0.0] 
[0.0] May I ask who owned this place before you?
[0.0] 
[0.0] My father. He is dead.
[0.0] 
[0.0] And who owned it before him?
[0.0] 
[0.0] My grandfather. He is dead too.
[0.0] 
[0.0] And this place where people lodge for a brief while and move on-did I hear you say it was not a cara[0.0] vanserai?
[0.0] 
[0.0] Everyones in the departure lounge'): SQL logic error or missing database
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('38','2012','FILL THE PALACE WITH SOMETHING!','There was a wise king. His empire was bi[0.0] g and he took good care of it. He had three sons. He wa[0.0] nted to find his successor. He did not believe in the old system of appointing the eldest son as the[0.0]  king. He wanted the wisest and the ablest to be the king. He then decided to test them.
[0.0] 
[0.0] He sent for them separately. He told each one of them to fill the old palace with something and gave[0.0]  them one gold coin each. The first son thought that his father had become senile. How could he fill[0.0]  the old palace with something with such a little amoun[0.0] t. Therefore, he went to a bar, drank wine and squandered the money.
[0.0] 
[0.0] The second son thought over it. He concluded that the cheapest thing in the city was garbage. Hence,[0.0]  he filled the palace with garbage.
[0.0] 
[0.0] The third son pondered over the matter for two days. He really wanted to do something special. Then [0.0] he got an idea. He bought candles and incense sticks. He filled the palace with light and fragrance.[0.0] 
[0.0] 
[0.0] Imagination, innovation and courage of conviction are qualities where the sky is the limit'): SQL lo[0.0] gic error or missing database
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('40','2012','THE MONK'S COURAGE!','A long time ago, in Tibet, an army was invading the [0.0] country. People were leaving their villages long before[0.0]  the armies arrived because they had heard of their awful reputation for violence and killing, espec[0.0] ially the General.
[0.0] 
[0.0] The army arrived in a small village and just like in all the other little villages, it was apparentl[0.0] y deserted except, there was a little monk just sitting there meditating.
[0.0] 
[0.0] When he was found, the General was alerted and was furious. He demanded to see the monk. He looked a[0.0] t the monk and said, Do you not know who I am? I can cut off your head with this sword without batti[0.0] ng an eye.
[0.0] 
[0.0] The monk replied smiling, Do you not know who I am sir? and paused, I am the one who can have his he[0.0] ad cut off without batting an eye.
[0.0] 
[0.0] Apparently the General was so taken aback and humbled that he bowed and left the monk alone.'): SQL [0.0] logic error or missing database
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('41','2012','LOVE AND DISORDER!','A man offered to pay a sum of money to his twelve yea[0.0] r old daughter if she mowed the lawn. The girl went at [0.0] the task with great zest and by evening the whole lawn had been beautifully mowed. Well, everything [0.0] except a large uncut patch of grass in one corner.
[0.0] 
[0.0] When the man said he couldn't pay the sum agreed upon because the whole lawn hadn't been mowed, the [0.0] girl said she was ready to forego the money, but would not cut the grass on the patch.
[0.0] 
[0.0] Curious to find out why, he checked the uncut patch. There, right in the centre of the patch, sat a [0.0] large toad. The girl had been too tender hearted to run over it with the lawn-mower.
[0.0] 
[0.0] Where there is love, there is some element of disorder.
[0.0] Perfect order would make the world a grave yard.
[0.0] 
[0.0] Prefer love and care, to disorder. Take time to spend time with your loved ones even if there is dus[0.0] t lying on the shelf and the beds are not made. Prefer people, to things'): SQL logic error or missi[0.0] ng database
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('42','2012','A KILO OF BUTTER!','A vegetable vendor went to the village headman with a [0.0] problem.
[0.0] 
[0.0] "Sir, the woman who sells me butter has been cheating me," he complained,I've just discovered that e[0.0] very time I buy a kilo, it is at least a hundred grams less. Please punish her and make her pay up.
[0.0] 
[0.0] The milkmaid in question was called for.
[0.0] 
[0.0] This man says youve been cheating him, the headman charged the lady. What do you have to say for you[0.0] rself?
[0.0] 
[0.0] Replied the lady, innocently, Sir, I'm not sure what he means. I have been buying a kilo of vegetabl[0.0] es every day from this very gentleman for years. All I do is weigh my butter against his kilo of veg[0.0] etables. Did I do wrong?
[0.0] 
[0.0] The headman laughed heartily at the ladys intelligence and punished the real culprit, the vegetable [0.0] vendor.
[0.0] 
[0.0] Life always gives you back, what you give out. Life always comes around full circle'): SQL logic err[0.0] or or missing database
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('39','2012','TAKE A LITTLE NAP!','This story belongs to one of Gandhis Tamilnad tours. [0.0] Gandhi had said that next to Punjab it is in Tamilnad h[0.0] e draws the biggest crowds.
[0.0] 
[0.0] The Tamilians just adored him. The train was steaming into Virudhnagar.
[0.0] 
[0.0] This station was already visible in the distance, besieged by a huge multitude.
[0.0] 
[0.0] Gandhi woke up from a little nap in his third class compartment. He had the rare knack of snatching [0.0] ten to fifteen minute naps on his journeys, which were very often crowded with public meetings.  He [0.0] jumped to his feet tightening his little loin cloth rou[0.0] nd his waist. One of his party caught sight of a fair-sized tear in his loin cloth, and said to Gand[0.0] hi, We are almost at  the station. You have hardly a minute to change.
[0.0] 
[0.0] Why change? querried Gandhi as he quickly stepped into the bathroom to step out again a moment later[0.0] . There was no longer a tear in the loin cloth. He had worn his dhoti the other way about
[0.0] 
[0.0] As he swiftly gathered up his spectacles, watch and other personal belongings the train pulled up at[0.0]  the platform. As he was about to alight he turned with a smile to the member of his party who had s[0.0] poken to him and remarked, There was a time when as a s[0.0] tudent in London, I took ten minutes to dress my hair. Now I only need half a minute for my entire t[0.0] oilet. Then he stepped out and was ready for the reception.
[0.0] 
[0.0] It was a during this tour that Gandhi  perfected his technique of snatching ten to fifteen minutes n[0.0] aps in a motor car. He did the tour in a Master Buick placed at his disposal by a Madras automobile [0.0] firm. In the seat at the rear he would curl up and go t[0.0] o sleep. He addressed five or six public meetings a day on the question of Harijan emancipation.
[0.0] 
[0.0] As the car drove him from one meeting to the next, he would ask Dr. TSS Rajan, who was in charge of [0.0] the tour, Well, Rajan, what is the next item, a ten minute or fifteen minute nap?
[0.0] 
[0.0] Occasionally, Dr Rajan would answer with a twinkle in his eyes, No, Bapu, the next item is a big one[0.0] , a real good thirty minutes nap
[0.0] 
[0.0] Oh, what a luxury Gandhi would remark, and the next moment he would be fast asleep as the Buick, to [0.0] the steady roar of its engine, rode up mile after mile. It was a miracle how Gandhi  would wake up r[0.0] ight to the minute as the car pulled up at the next hal[0.0] t. He would arise refreshed and step straight on to the platform at the next place of meeting.
[0.0] 
[0.0] Legend has it that Napoleon used to sleep on horseback. The Napoleon of Indias non-violent struggle [0.0] not only slept in a speeding motor car, but to an exact schedule between mammoth public meetings. An[0.0] d make no mistake about it, he did not merely rest hims[0.0] elf during these famous little naps; he slept, as they say, like a log'): SQL logic error or missing[0.0]  database
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('43','2012','IN THE HANDS OF DESTINY!','A great Japanese warrior named Nobunaga decided[0.0]  to attack the enemy although he had only one tenth the[0.0]  number of men  the opposition commanded. He knew that he would win, but his soldiers were in doubt.[0.0] 
[0.0] 
[0.0] On the way he stopped at a Shinto shrine and told his men, 'After I visit the shrine I will toss a c[0.0] oin. If heads comes, we will win, if tails, we will lose.
[0.0] 
[0.0] Nobunaga entered the shrine and offered a silent prayer. He came forth and tossed a coin. Heads appe[0.0] ared. His soldiers were so eager to fight that they won their battle easily.
[0.0] 
[0.0] No one can change the hand of destiny, his attendant told him after the battle.
[0.0] 
[0.0] Indeed not, said Nobunaga, showing a coin which had been doubled, with heads facing either way.'): S[0.0] QL logic error or missing database
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('44','2012','A STEP AT A TIME!','A pilgrim wanted to climb a mountain. He started his j[0.0] ourney and it was night by the time he reached a villag[0.0] e at the base of the mountain. An old wise man of the village lent him a lantern so that he could pr[0.0] oceed onwards without delay.
[0.0]  
[0.0] The pilgrim exclaimed, "The light that it gives goes only two steps, is there a more powerful lanter[0.0] n?"
[0.0]  
[0.0] "No problem," said the old wise man, "It will do. At every step itll illuminate the next two steps. [0.0] Take one step at a time,  and you'll reach your destination."
[0.0]  
[0.0] The miracle of successful living is that each small positive step towards the destination, attracts [0.0] more success. Success is a journey and not a destination.'): SQL logic error or missing database
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('45','2012','WHOM DO YOU LOVE THE MOST?','"I have a number of dolls," said the little g[0.0] irl to a guest. "would you like to see them?" "Sure I W[0.0] ould"
[0.0]  
[0.0] The girl ran and brought a number of dolls. Some of them were very cute. One was a Barbie Doll. 
[0.0]  
[0.0] "Which one do you love the most?" asked the guest. He felt certain the girl would point to the Barbi[0.0] e doll.
[0.0]  
[0.0] Imagine his surprise when the girl picked up a ragged doll which had scratches on its cheek, a broke[0.0] n nose and a missing arm.
[0.0]  
[0.0] "How so?" enquired the visitor. "I thought you would love the Barbie Doll the most."
[0.0]  
[0.0] The little girl answered, "If I dont I love this doll, no one else will" The little child taught a g[0.0] reat lesson. God loves the unloved ones- the poor, the broken, the miserable, the wretched, the fors[0.0] aken, the forlorn, the lowly and the lost.
[0.0]  
[0.0] Let us learn to love likewise, and we too, shall grow Godlike'): SQL logic error or missing database[0.0] 
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('46','2012','AKBAR THE BEGGAR!','The Muslim mystic, Farid, was prevailed upon by his ne[0.0] ighbours to go to the court in Delhi and obtain a favou[0.0] r from Akbar for the village. Farid walked into the court and found Akbar at his prayers.
[0.0]  
[0.0] When the Emperor finally emerged, Farid asked, What sort of prayer did you make?
[0.0]  
[0.0] I prayed that the All-Merciful would bestow success and wealth and long life on me, was the reply.
[0.0]  
[0.0] Farid promptly turned his back on the Emperor and walked away, remarking, I came to see an Emperor. [0.0] What I find there is, a beggar no different from me or the rest.'): SQL logic error or missing datab[0.0] ase
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('47','2012','LANGUAGE SMART!','Professor Kelvin, unable to meet his class one day, post[0.0] ed on the door of his lecture room a notice that read, [0.0] "Professor Kelvin will not meet his classes today."
[0.0]  
[0.0] The disappointed class decided to play a joke on the professor. Erasing the "c" they left the messag[0.0] e to read , "Professor Kelvin will not meet his lasses today."
[0.0]  
[0.0] The next day when the class assembled in anticipation of the effect of their joke, they were astonis[0.0] hed and chagrined to find that the professor had outwitted them. The message was now found to read, [0.0] "Professor Kelvin will not meet his asses today."'): SQ[0.0] L logic error or missing database
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('48','2012','POLICY MAKING!','A centipede consulted  an owl about the pain it felt in i[0.0] ts legs. Said the owl, "you have far too many legs If y[0.0] ou become a mouse you would have only four legs and one-twenty-fourth the amount of pain.:"
[0.0]  
[0.0] "Thats a very good idea," said the centipede. "Now show me how to become a mouse."
[0.0]  
[0.0] "Dont bother me with details of implementation," said the owl. "I only make the policy in this place[0.0] ."
[0.0]  
[0.0] Free advice is doled out by all and sundry. Seek advice and help, from only those who are well meani[0.0] ng and wise'): SQL logic error or missing database
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('49','2012','BEAUTY LIES IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER!','A little girl, who had been told[0.0]  that Lincoln was not very good looking, was taken by h[0.0] er father to see the president at the White House.
[0.0]  
[0.0] Lincoln took her on his knee and chatted with her for a while in his gentle, humorous way.
[0.0]  
[0.0] Suddenly the little girl called out, "Daddy he is not ugly at all. He is just beautiful."
[0.0]  
[0.0] The heart sees that which the eyes can not.
[0.0]  
[0.0] Beauty is only skin deep.
[0.0]  
[0.0] Deeper within lies that, which makes a person, a beautiful person
[0.0]  
[0.0] Strive to be a beautiful person, its more important and fulfilling than being just beautiful'): SQL [0.0] logic error or missing database
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('50','2012','THE ARITHMETIC OF AGE!','An affluent London woman, who spent a lot on her [0.0] make up, once asked George Bernard Shaw, "What do you t[0.0] hink is my age?"
[0.0]  
[0.0] Shaw looked at the lady for some time and then said, "If I consider your teeth, your age should be e[0.0] ighteen; but from your curly brown hair, you can be placed around nineteen. But if I consider your c[0.0] omplexion, you can be said to be no more than fourteen.[0.0] "
[0.0]  
[0.0] The lady felt flattered and elated. But she wanted to hear more. So she insisted, "Thank you for you[0.0] r kindness, but please let me know what you think my age really is?"
[0.0]  
[0.0] "I have already given you my estimate of your age. You have only to add 18, 19 and 14 and you will a[0.0] rrive at my guess of your age," replied  Shaw and gave her a broad smile.'): SQL logic error or miss[0.0] ing database
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('51','2012','THE MISER NEEDLED!','Guru Nanak knew of a certain rich miser Dhuni Chand, [0.0] who only lived to hoard. He once gave the latter a need[0.0] le.
[0.0]  
[0.0] "A needle, my Lord" the rich man was puzzled. "What do I do with this?"
[0.0]  
[0.0] "Oh, keep it saely and return it to me when you meet me in heaven," Guru Nanak sounded very casual.
[0.0]  
[0.0] "How, my Lord, how? Surely I am not going to carry this needle there."
[0.0]  
[0.0] "That is it, my son, that is it. Then why accumulate wealth, instead of using it for the good of oth[0.0] ers?"
[0.0]  
[0.0] Truly, none of us can carry even a miniscule portion of our worldly possession with us beyond this l[0.0] ife time. The only wealth that we can carry along is that of 'good karma'.'): SQL logic error or mis[0.0] sing database
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('52','2012','EVERY ONE IS SPECIAL','It was a dark night. The moon was playing hide and [0.0] seek behind the clouds. The garden was full of flowers [0.0] and the fragrance of evening glory filled the air intoxicatingly. The only sounds audible were those[0.0]  made by crickets, frogs etc. The fireflies flitted around like stars twinkling in the darkness of t[0.0] he night.
[0.0] 
[0.0] The night watchman came by to lock the gates and turn off the taps supplying to the garden hoses. As[0.0]  he switched on the garden lights, he heard one firefly saying to the other,"Now,our light, is of no[0.0]  use, the garden is flooded with light from the bulbs. [0.0] Our little light is too meagre in comparison to theirs, who will look at us now"
[0.0] 
[0.0] The other firefly replied, "Do not be disheartened brother, soon the watchman will switch off the li[0.0] ghts and go away. The electric lights have their own importance, and we have our own. All through th[0.0] e night, we shall continue to add beautiful twinkling l[0.0] ight to this wonderful garden. God has created us, man has created these lights. Gods creation is un[0.0] doubtedly more beautiful than mans. The joy that springs into a childs heart when he runs after us, [0.0] to play with us, cannot be surpassed by that of watchin[0.0] g electric lights. Everyone in Gods creation is special and so are we."'): SQL logic error or missin[0.0] g database
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('53','2012','MOHINI AVATAR','Once upon a time, a demon called Bhasmasura, pleased Lord [0.0] Shiva by performing severe penances on the snow capped [0.0] Himalayas. Lord Shiva appeared before him and said, "I am pleased. Ask for a boon and I shall give."[0.0] 
[0.0] Bhasmasura said, "Lord, give me such power that who so ever I touch on the head may turn into ashes.[0.0]  Then I shall be the greatest man on earth." Shiva was committed to granting the boon, so He could n[0.0] ot go back on His word. He said, "So be it."
[0.0] Soon, Bhasmasura started chasing Shiva. He said, "Let me test my powers on your head, so that I know[0.0]  that you have not cheated me, Oh Shiva"
[0.0] Lord Shiva ran and Bhasmasura chased him.  Lord Vishnu watched the drama and thought, "Lord Shiva ca[0.0] n not go back on his word. Neither is Bhasmasura going to give up. Something has to be done."
[0.0] So, Lord Vishnu assumed the form of a beautiful girl Mohini. She stopped Bhasmasura saying, "Rest a [0.0] while, you must be tired." The demon was bowled over by her beauty. He forgot about Lord Shiva and f[0.0] ell in love with her. He said, "Fair lady, marry me and[0.0]  I shall make you happy". Mohini said, "You demons are known for having many wives. First you shall [0.0] have to promise me that you shall love me and me alone. You shall not marry any other woman." "Sure,[0.0] " replied Bhasmasura.
[0.0] "Put your hand on your head and swear by your love for me, only then I shall believe you."
[0.0] Bhasmasura eagerly, put his hand on his own head, and ...  was reduced to  ashes. Mohini (Lord Vishn[0.0] u) smiled and called out to Lord Shiva to stop running.
[0.0] 
[0.0] Greed is something that never gets you anywhere, except to your downfall. Be happy with what you hav[0.0] e. Do not crave for what is not yours. Work to achieve success, but do not be greedy.'): SQL logic e[0.0] rror or missing database
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('1','2013','THE FINEST TEA!','There was a group of elderly gentlemen in Darjeeling who [0.0] would meet to exchange news over a cup of tea. One of t[0.0] heir diversions was to search for costly varieties of tea and create new blends that would delight t[0.0] he palate.
[0.0]  
[0.0] When it was the turn of the oldest member of the group to entertain the others, he served tea with t[0.0] he greatest ceremony, measuring out the leaves from a golden container. Everyone had the highest pra[0.0] ise for the tea and demanded to  know by what particula[0.0] r combination he had arrived at this exquisite blend.
[0.0]  
[0.0] The old man smiled and said simply, "My friends, the tea that you find so delightful is the one that[0.0]  is drunk by the peasants on my farm."
[0.0]  
[0.0] The finest things in life are neither costly nor hard to find.
[0.0]  
[0.0] More often than not, food is tastier at a wayside inn than in a five star hotel. Home made biscuits [0.0] and cakes taste better than those from a high end bakery
[0.0]  
[0.0] Simple living and high thinking are the two important things to strive for'): SQL logic error or mis[0.0] sing database
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('2','2013','HAPPY LOHRI','THE STORY BEHIND THE FESTIVAL:
[0.0]  
[0.0] SUNDAR MUNDARIYE.HO
[0.0] A story in the lighter vein
[0.0]  
[0.0] There is a large tract of semi-arid terrain lying between the rivers Chenab and Ravi called the Saan[0.0] dal Bar. (It now falls in the districts of Sheikhupura and Faislabad.) The people of this area were [0.0] known to provide the stiffest opposition to the Muslim [0.0] marauders.
[0.0] They never paid any taxes; rather, they openly defied the authorities and indulged in looting the ro[0.0] yal caravans and treasures. 'Saandal', a warlord of Bhatti Rajput clan led these tribals.
[0.0]  
[0.0] Prince Jahangir, the heir apparent, fired with zeal to prove his prowess carried out campaigns to co[0.0] nsolidate the Mughal authority in the region. He captured and executed Saandal and his son, Farid. T[0.0] heir skins were peeled off and hung at the Delhi Gate o[0.0] f the Fort of Lahore to instill a sense of fear amongst the rebels.
[0.0] However, the son of Farid, Abdullah or Dullah as he is fondly called, remained unfazed and continued[0.0]  his defiant activities. Dullah earned notoriety in the eyes of authorities. He, like Robin Hood, lo[0.0] oted wealthy landlords and Imperial officers and distri[0.0] buted the booty amongst the poor. He came to be regarded as a father figure for the distressed and o[0.0] ppressed. and became a living embodiment of the chivalrous and secular, socio-cultural character of [0.0] the region.
[0.0] Dullah was the contemporary of yet another Super Human, Poet Divine, Sri Guru Arjan Dev, the Fifth S[0.0] ikh Guru, who sacrificed his life at the altar of humanity at Lahore.
[0.0] It is believed that Dullah had restored the prestige of an innocent girl whose modesty was outraged [0.0] by a Mughal General. Dullah had adopted this girl as his daughter and arranged her marriage in the J[0.0] ungles of 'Saandal Bar'. As there was no priest nearby [0.0] to chant the Vedic Hymns and solemnise the marriage Dullah had lit a bonfire and composed an impromt[0.0] u song: Sundari Mundariye. The bride and the groom were asked to take pheras of the bonfire as Dulla[0.0] h sang this hilarious song.
[0.0]  
[0.0] The 'ho's are in chorus. 
[0.0] Sunder mundriye ho ( Oh, you pretty lass)
[0.0] Tera kaun vicharaa ho (Who is your protector, you pitiable one? ) 
[0.0] Dullah Bhatti walla ho (There's this man called Dullah, from Village Bhatti)
[0.0] Dullhe di dhee vyayae ho (Dullah's getting her married as his own daughter)
[0.0] Ser shakkar payee ho (He gave 1 kg sugar)
[0.0] Kudi da laal pathaka ho (The girls is wearing a red suit)
[0.0] Kudi da saalu paatta ho (But her shawl is torn)
[0.0] Saalu kaun samete ho  (Who will stitch her shawl?)
[0.0] Chacha gaali dese ho (Her Uncle will scold her)
[0.0] Chacha choori kutti ho (The uncle made choori{a Punjabi dish})
[0.0] Zamidara lutti ho (The landlords ate it)
[0.0] Zamindaar sudhaye ho (Dullah gave the landlords lots more to eat)
[0.0] Ginn-ginn bhole aaye ho (Lots of innocent guys came)
[0.0] Ek bhola reh gaya (One innocent boy got left behind)
[0.0] Sipahee pakad ke lai gaya (The police arrested him)
[0.0] Sipahee ne mari itt (The policeman hit him with a brick)
[0.0] Phannve ro te phannve pit (Now, you may cry or howl)
[0.0] Sanoo de de lohri te teri jeeve jodi (Give us our Lohri  may you live long as a couple)
[0.0] Til (Sesame seeds) and Rorhi (a form of sweet jaggery in Punjabi) are meant to keep the body warm. T[0.0] hese two terms Til + Rorhi combined to form Tilrorhi, which eventually was corrupted to ----- Lohri.[0.0] 
[0.0]  
[0.0] HAPPY LOHRI'): SQL logic error or missing database
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('3','2013','PRAYING WITH CONCENTRATION!','Sant Kabir and his disciples held their  pray[0.0] ers every evening under a tree. In the vicinity lived s[0.0] ome jealous and disgruntled persons who wanted to harass Kabir.
[0.0]  
[0.0] On one such evening when Kabir and his disciples closed their eyes and started to pray, the disgrunt[0.0] led group began to beat their drums very loudly. 
[0.0]  
[0.0] The disciples could not bear such tolerance of Kabir who did not say a word and continued his prayer[0.0] s. Later they said "Kabirji, you should have reprimanded them for causing a disturbance." Kabir aske[0.0] d, "Did you really hear the noise that they made?" "Yes[0.0] , of course," they replied. "What were you doing then?"  asked Kabir. "We were praying," came the re[0.0] ply. "If you were really praying with all concentration you would not have been able to hear the noi[0.0] se. That alone is real prayer where, you are oblivious [0.0] of the surroundings."'): SQL logic error or missing database
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('4','2013','SEE THE LIGHT IN YOURSELF?','A Guru was in coma for weeks. One day he sudde[0.0] nly opened his eyes to find his favourite shishya there[0.0] .
[0.0] 
[0.0] "You never leave my bedside, do you?"  he asked softly.
[0.0] 
[0.0] "No,  I cannot," said the shishya in a sobbing voice.
[0.0] 
[0.0] "Why?"
[0.0] 
[0.0] "Because you are the light of my life."
[0.0] 
[0.0] The Guru sighed, "Have I so dazzled you, my son, that you still refuse to see the light in you?"
[0.0] 
[0.0] The Guru strives to show us the ultimate source of light or the light within. But  if only the stude[0.0] nt is willing to look within. That is the ultimate vision'): SQL logic error or missing database
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('5','2013','THE LION AND THE DOLPHIN!','Roaming along the seashore, a lion saw a dolphi[0.0] n basking on the surface of the water. He suggested to [0.0] him that they form an alliance.
[0.0]  
[0.0] "Since I am king of the beasts," said the lion, "And you are the undisputed ruler of all the residen[0.0] ts of the ocean, we ought to be great friends and allies, if possible."
[0.0]  
[0.0] The dolphin agreed to this proposal. Not long after this, the lion was having a fight with a wild bu[0.0] ll. He shouted out to the dolphin for his promised support. The dolphin was ready to help the lion, [0.0] but he realised that he could not come out of the sea t[0.0] o help his ally. The lion called him a traitor.
[0.0]  
[0.0] "Dont blame me," responded the dolphin. "Blame my nature. No matter how powerful I am in the sea, my[0.0]  nature makes me helpless on land."
[0.0]  
[0.0] Friendship is usually successful between equals. Choose allies, who are not just willing to help, bu[0.0] t also have the power to do so.'): SQL logic error or missing database
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('6','2013','CULTIVATING THE KING!','The philosopher Diogenes was dining on bread and le[0.0] ntils.
[0.0]  
[0.0] He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus who lived in considerable comfort by fawning on the King.
[0.0]  
[0.0] Said Aristippus, "Learn subservience to the king and you will not have to live on lentils."
[0.0]  
[0.0] Said Diogenes, "Learn to live on lentils and  you will not have to cultivate the King."
[0.0]  
[0.0] After we feel the need to work more and earn more because we want to maintain a certain standard of [0.0] living or we need to conform to certain social standards. Ceiling on desires is what is required. Wo[0.0] rk for the sake of work. Work for the happiness or sati[0.0] sfaction you derive from it. Work not just to please somebody. Do not sell your soul for money. Live[0.0]  for yourself and by your own principles.'): SQL logic error or missing database
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('7','2013','WISE DIVISION!','One day a lion, an **bleep** and a fox went hunting together. Th[0.0] ey agreed that whatever they caught would be shared bet[0.0] ween them. After killing a large stag, they decided to make a hearty meal of him.
[0.0]  
[0.0] The lion asked the **bleep** to divide the spoils. The **bleep** made three equal parts and told his friends to [0.0] take their pick. On hearing  this the lion, in great indignation seized the **bleep** and tore him to piec[0.0] es.
[0.0]  
[0.0] He then told the fox to divide the dead stag amongst themselves. The fox gathered everything togethe[0.0] r into one great pile and reserved a tiny portion for himself.
[0.0]  
[0.0] "Ah, friend," said the lion, "Who taught you to divide things so equally?"
[0.0]  
[0.0] "I needed no other lesson," replied the fox, "Than the **bleep**'s fate."
[0.0]  
[0.0] Better to learn from the mistakes of others than commit your own.'): SQL logic error or missing data[0.0] base
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('8','2013','THE EASY WAY OUT!','Once there was a lark singing in the forest.
[0.0]  
[0.0] A man came by with a box full of worms. The lark stopped him and asked, "What do you have in the box[0.0]  and where are you going?"
[0.0]  
[0.0] The farmer replied that he had worms and that he was going to the market to trade them for some feat[0.0] hers. The lark said, "I have many feathers. I will pluck one and give it to you and that will save m[0.0] e looking for worms."
[0.0]  
[0.0] The farmer gave the worms to the lark and the lark plucked a feather and gave it in return. The next[0.0]  day the same thing happened and the day after and on and on until a day came when the lark had no m[0.0] ore feathers.
[0.0]  
[0.0] Now it couldnt fly and hunt for worms. It started looking ugly and stopped singing and very soon it [0.0] died. What the lark thought to be an easy way to get food, turned out to be the tougher way after al[0.0] l
[0.0]  
[0.0] The easy way out is more often than not, the wrong way. Work is worship. Laziness is not the mantra [0.0] of life. Hardwork surely is'): SQL logic error or missing database
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('9','2013','SECRET OF SWORDSMANSHIP!','Tajima no Kami was fencing master to the Shogun.[0.0] 
[0.0] One of the Shogun's bodyguards came to him one day asking to be trained in swordsmanship."I have wat[0.0] ched you carefully," said Tajima no Kami and youseem to be a Master in the art yourself. Before taki[0.0] ng you on as a  pupil I request you to tell me what Mas[0.0] ter you studied under."
[0.0]  The bodyguard replied, "I have never studied the art under anyone." "You cannot fool me," said the [0.0] teacher.
[0.0] "I have a discerning eye and it never fails." "I do not mean to contradict your Excellency," said th[0.0] e guard. "But I really do not know a thing about fencing."
[0.0]  "The teacher engaged the man in swordplay for a few minutes then stopped and said,"Since you say yo[0.0] u have never learnt the art, I take your word for it. But you are some kind of a Master. Tell me abo[0.0] ut yourself."
[0.0] "There is one thing," said the guard. "When I was a child I was told by a Samurai that a man should [0.0] never fear death. I therefore struggled with the question of death till it ceased to cause me the sl[0.0] ightest anxiety."
[0.0]  "So that's what it is," cried Tajima no Kami. "The ultimate secret of swordsmanship lies in being f[0.0] ree from the fear of death.  You need no training. You are a Master in your own right."'): SQL logic[0.0]  error or missing database
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('10','2013','A NIGHT WITH SHIVA','A hunter once wandered deep into the jungle in search[0.0]  of game. Night fell and he realized that there was no [0.0] way that he could return home, so he climbed up a tree to rest his tired limbs. As darkness engulfed[0.0]  the jungle he felt frightened. 
[0.0]  
[0.0] A lion's roar tore through the jungle and through his heart. The sounds of snail's and frogs created[0.0]  an eerie feeling that made him sweat with fear. Every now and then he felt something wriggling up h[0.0] is limbs.
[0.0]  
[0.0] So scared to death was he that he started crying profusely. All through the night he shed tears. Whi[0.0] le he wept he remembered Lord Shiva and said,  "Oh Shiva Why did you get me into this mess? Please s[0.0] ave me, I am terrified." He went through the night chan[0.0] ting OM NAMAHA SHIVAYA. All night he continued to chant lest he fall asleep and fall prey to a carni[0.0] vore. He also plucked the leaves off the tree on which he lay and dropped them down while chanting, [0.0] to be doubly sure that he didn't give in to slumber.
[0.0]  
[0.0] As the Sun broke through the branches of the dense trees he saw that the tree on which he lay was a [0.0] Bilva tree and under it was a Shivlingam. All through the night the tears that he had shed and the l[0.0] eaves that he had dropped had been falling on the Shivl[0.0] ingam The night was the night of Shivarathri
[0.0]  
[0.0] It is said that a king had once asked a holy man what he had done in his previous birth to have beco[0.0] me a king. This story of the previous life of the King as a hunter was narrated to him by the holy m[0.0] an.
[0.0]  
[0.0] Apparently chanting OM NAMAHA SHIVAYA on Shivarathri and washing the Shivlingam with tears and offer[0.0] ing bilva leaves, though unintentionally,  earned him a rebirth as a king
[0.0]  
[0.0] Prayer that emanates from the heart is definitely heard by the Lord. But pray just for the joy of pr[0.0] ayer,  not for the benefits you hope to get therefrom
[0.0]  
[0.0]  
[0.0] Baba says, "Holy days like Shivarathri are marked out in order to impress upon man's mind his duty t[0.0] o impose a 'fast' on the senses and a 'vigil' on his intelligence to keep away polluting impulses an[0.0] d inclinations. This is the Day when Shiva consumed the[0.0]  deadly poison that threatened to destroy the world and saved mankind from perdition. The aspirant f[0.0] or Divine grace has to remember this day with gratitude. He must not exult when his happiness is pro[0.0] moted, nor be disheartened when misery becomes his lot.[0.0]  'Thy will, not mine' shall be his constant assertion to himself."'): SQL logic error or missing dat[0.0] abase
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('11','2013','SHARING LEADS TO EXCELLENCE!','A farmer, whose corn always took the first [0.0] prize at the state fair, had the habit of sharing his b[0.0] est corn seed with all the farmers in the neighbourhood.
[0.0]  
[0.0] When asked why, he said, "It is really a matter of self interest. The wind picks up the pollen and c[0.0] arries it from field to field. So if my neighbours grow inferior corn the cross-pollination brings d[0.0] own the quality of my own corn. That is why I am concer[0.0] ned that they plant only the very best."
[0.0]  
[0.0] All that you give to others, you are giving to your self. It is in our own interest to be selfless. [0.0] Life always comes round full circle. Whatever it is that you give today, shall come back to you one [0.0] day.'): SQL logic error or missing database
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('12','2013','THE WAYS OF THE DIVINE','Once when Prahalad was eleven, he saw flames and [0.0] smoke coming from a distant place. When he went closer [0.0] he saw that a potter had put mud pots in the fire for baking. The potter was praying with folded han[0.0] ds:
[0.0]  
[0.0] "Oh Lord Now it is not in my hands and if you desire then nothing is impossible for you. Oh God Plea[0.0] se be kind. Im careless but you are generous. The ocean of kindness Only you can take care of my mis[0.0] take. No matter how bad I am but I am yours. Everything[0.0]  is possible with your grace. You can  save those innocent kittens."
[0.0]  
[0.0] The potter was bowing repeatedly. Tears  were rolling down his cheeks. He was praying fervently. The[0.0]  flames around the pots were increasing. Prahalad went near him and asked: "What is the matter? What[0.0]  are you saying?"
[0.0]  
[0.0] The Potter said,  "I made the pots and kept them in the fire to bake. A cat had given birth to some [0.0]  kittens in the pot. Id thought that I would remove them before starting the fire, but I forgot. The[0.0]  kittens were left in there.  Nothing is in my hands. G[0.0] od can take care of my mistake if He desires. He can save the little ones.
[0.0]  
[0.0] Prahalad exclaimed, "This  is madness How can the kittens remain alive in such a fire?"
[0.0]  
[0.0] The Potter replied, "Yes prince God can do anything. He is the one who can transform a small seed in[0.0] to a huge tree. Is this not a glimpse of God's divine action? A cow eats dry grass and produces swee[0.0] t white milk. The oily butter comes out of that. The sn[0.0] ake drinks the milk but produces venom. There is no end to the divine action (Leela) of God."
[0.0]  
[0.0] Prahalad said,  "I want to see how ends. Call me when the pots are baked and you open them up."
[0.0]  
[0.0] Next morning Prahalad reached that place. The potter meditated for a few minutes and then as he remo[0.0] ved the hot pots one by one, they found four pots which were not baked at all. These pots were still[0.0]  wet. As soon as he touched these pots, the kittens jum[0.0] ped out mewing merrily. 
[0.0]  
[0.0] The spiritual thoughts that lay dormant in the mind of Prahalad were awakened. He realized that God [0.0] is the only essence of life. He started his journey on the road to God.'): SQL logic error or missin[0.0] g database
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('13','2013','CHANGE THE WORLD BY CHANGING YOURSELF!','An aging religious leader says th[0.0] is about himself  I was a revolutionary when I was youn[0.0] g and  my prayer to God was 'Lord give me the energy to change the world.'
[0.0]  
[0.0] As I approached middle age and realised that half my life was gone without my changing a single soul[0.0] , I changed my prayer to 'Lord, give me the grace to change all those who come in contact with me. J[0.0] ust my family and friends, and I shall be content.'
[0.0]  
[0.0] Now that I am an old man and my days are numbered, my one prayer is "Lord, give me the grace to chan[0.0] ge myself." If I had  prayed for this from the  start I would not have wasted my life.'): SQL logic [0.0] error or missing database
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('14','2013','NO WORK, NO FOOD!','Hyakujo, the Chinese Zen master, used to labour with h[0.0] is pupils even at the age of eighty, trimming the garde[0.0] ns, cleaning the grounds and pruning the trees.
[0.0]  
[0.0] The pupils felt sorry to see the old teacher working so hard, but they knew he would not listen to t[0.0] heir requests to stop, so they hid away his tools.
[0.0]  
[0.0] That day the master did not eat. The next day he did not eat, nor the next. "He may be angry because[0.0]  we have hidden his tools," the pupils surmised. "We had better put them back."
[0.0]  
[0.0] The day they did so, the teacher worked and ate the same as before. In the evening he instructed the[0.0] m, "No work, No Food."
[0.0]  
[0.0] How wonderful it would be if all of us made a similar commitment with ourselves. How many of us just[0.0]  while away the day in eating, drinking and sleeping. This is not life, this is just 'existing'. Mak[0.0] e life meaningful by doing something that makes life wo[0.0] rthwhile. Don't just 'pass time' but do something constructive and meaningful with your time, so tha[0.0] t when you look back at life, you can smile and not cry for having wasted life.'): SQL logic error o[0.0] r missing database
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('15','2013','THE WIND AND THE SUN!','The wind and the sun once had an argument as to wh[0.0] o was the stronger of the two. They agreed to settle th[0.0] e issue by holding a contest. Whoever could make a traveller take off his coat first would be recogn[0.0] ized as the most powerful.
[0.0]  
[0.0] The wind said he would try first and blew with all his  might until he stirred up a blast as cold an[0.0] d fierce as an Alaskan storm. The stronger he blew, however, the tighter the traveller wrapped him c[0.0] oat around him and clasped it hard with his hands.
[0.0]  
[0.0] Then the sun broke out and with his warm, welcome beams he dispersed the clouds and the cold. The tr[0.0] aveller felt the sudden warmth. As the sun shone brighter and brighter,  it became hotter and hotter[0.0] ,  the man overcame by heat,  threw his coat on the gro[0.0] und.
[0.0]  
[0.0] The sun was declared the winner. Indeed  the sunshine of a kind and gentle demeanour  will sooner op[0.0] en a mans heart than all the threats and force of mustering authority.
[0.0]  
[0.0] Persuasion has always been held in higher esteem than force.
[0.0]  
[0.0] The pen they say is mightier than the sword   A smile has more power than a frown'): SQL logic error[0.0]  or missing database
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('16','2013','FIVE BELLS!','Once upon a time there was an inn called the Silver Star. Th[0.0] e innkeeper was unable to make both ends meet even thou[0.0] gh he did his very best to draw customers by making the inn comfortable, the service cordial and the[0.0]  prices reasonable. So in despair he consulted a wiseman.
[0.0]  
[0.0] After listening to his tale of woe, the wiseman said, "It is very simple. You must change the name o[0.0] f your inn."
[0.0]  
[0.0] "Impossible" said the innkeeper. "It has been the Silver Star for generations and is well known all [0.0] over the vicinity."
[0.0]  
[0.0] No, said the wiseman firmly. "You must now call it the Five Bells and have a row of six bells hangin[0.0] g at the entrance."
[0.0]  
[0.0] "Six bells? But that is absurd. What good would that do?"
[0.0] "Give it a try and see," said the wiseman with a smile.
[0.0]  
[0.0] Well, the innkeeper gave it a try. And this is what he saw.
[0.0]  
[0.0] Every traveller who passed by the inn walked in to point out the mistake, each one believing that no[0.0]  one else had noticed it. Once inside, they were impressed by the cordiality of the service and stay[0.0] ed on to refresh themselves, thereby providing the inn [0.0] keeper with the fortune that he had been seeking in vain for so long.
[0.0]  
[0.0] There are few things the ego delights in more, than correcting other people's mistakes. The catch is[0.0]  in manipulating the circumstantial position to suit your needs'): SQL logic error or missing databa[0.0] se
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('17','2013','BAD TO WORSE THERAPY!','A Maharaja went out to sea when a great storm aros[0.0] e. One of the slaves on board began to cry out and wail[0.0]  in fear, for the man had never been on a ship before. His crying was so loud and so prolonged that [0.0] everyone on board began to get annoyed and the Maharaja gave orders for throwing the man overboard.
[0.0]  
[0.0] But his Chief advisor who was a sage said, "No, let me deal with the man. I think I can cure him."
[0.0]  
[0.0] With that he ordered some of the sailors to hurl the man into the sea. The moment he found himself i[0.0] n the sea the poor slave began to scream in terror and to thrash out wildly. In a few seconds the  s[0.0] age ordered him to be hauled on board.
[0.0]  
[0.0] Back on board the slave lay in a corner in absolute silence. When the Maharaja asked his advisor for[0.0]  the reason, he replied, "We never realize how lucky we are till our situation gets worse."'): SQL l[0.0] ogic error or missing database
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('18','2013','UTILIZATION OF TIME!','Imagine there is a bank which credits your account [0.0] each morning with Rs. 86,400. Carries over no balance f[0.0] rom day to  day, allows you to keep no cash balance, and every evening cancels whatever part of the [0.0] amount you had failed to use during the day.
[0.0]  
[0.0] What  would you do? Draw out every rupee, of course
[0.0]  
[0.0] Well, everyone has such a bank. Its name is TIME. Every morning, it credits you with 86,400 seconds.[0.0]  Every night it writes off, as lost, whatever of this amount you have failed to invest to good purpo[0.0] se. It carries over no balance. It allows no overdraft.[0.0] 
[0.0]  
[0.0] Each day it opens a new account for you.
[0.0] Each night it burns the records of the day.
[0.0] If you fail to use the day's deposits, the loss is yours.
[0.0] There is no going back.
[0.0] There is no drawing against the "tomorrow."
[0.0] You must live in the present on today's deposits.
[0.0] Invest it so as to get from it the utmost in health, happiness and success
[0.0] The clock is running.
[0.0] Make the most of today.
[0.0] Seize the day
[0.0] The wise say Time and tide wait for no one.'): SQL logic error or missing database
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('19','2013','YOU-JUST YOU!','A new disciple joined a monastery.  He was subjected to th[0.0] e following dialogue by his Guru.
[0.0]  
[0.0] "Do you know the one person who will never abandon you in the whole of your lifetime?"
[0.0] "Who is it?"
[0.0] "You."
[0.0] "And do you know the person who knows the answer to every question you may have?"
[0.0] "Who is it?"
[0.0] "You." 
[0.0] "And do you know the person who is responsible for all your problems?"
[0.0] "Who is it?"
[0.0] "You."
[0.0] "And can you guess the solution to every one of your problems?"
[0.0] "I give up." 
[0.0] "You."
[0.0]  
[0.0] This is what Baba says, Be dependent on your own inner resources and strength.
[0.0] Look within for solutions.
[0.0] Before you surf the internet, surf the inner net.
[0.0] Be in-dependent  i. e. be dependent on what is 'in' you.'): SQL logic error or missing database
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('20','2013','YOUR CHILDREN MIGHT NEED TO USE IT!','A farmer got so old that he couldn't[0.0]  work in the fields anymore. So, he would spend the day[0.0]  just sitting on the porch. His son, still working in the farm, would look up from time to time and [0.0] see his father sitting there.
[0.0]  
[0.0] "He's of no use any more," the son thought to himself, "he doesnt do anyting" One day the son got so[0.0]  frustrated by this, that he built a wood coffin, dragged it over to the porch, and told his father [0.0] to get in. Without saying anything, the father climbed [0.0] inside. After closing the lid, the son dragged the coffin to the edge of the farm where there was a [0.0] high cliff. As he approached the drop, he heard a light tapping on the lid from inside the coffin. H[0.0] e opened it up.
[0.0]  
[0.0] Still lying there peacefully, the father looked up at his son. "I know you are going to throw me ove[0.0] r the cliff, but before you do, may I suggest something?" "What is it?" asked the son. "Throw me ove[0.0] r the cliff, if you like," said the father, "but save t[0.0] his good wooden coffin. Your children might need to use it."'): SQL logic error or missing database
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('21','2013','AN EAGLE OR A CHICKEN?','A man found an eagle's egg and placed it under a [0.0] brooding hen. The eaglet hatched with the chicken and g[0.0] rew to be like them.  He clucked and cackled, scratched the earth for worms; flapped his wings and m[0.0] anaged to fly a few feet in the air.
[0.0] 
[0.0]  
[0.0] 
[0.0] Years passed. One day, the eagle, now grown old, saw a magnificent bird above him in the sky. It gli[0.0] ded in graceful majesty against the powerful wind, with scarcely a movement of its golden wings.
[0.0] 
[0.0]  
[0.0] 
[0.0] Spell bound, the eagle asked,"Who's that?"
[0.0] 
[0.0]  
[0.0] 
[0.0] "That's the king of the birds, the eagle," said his neighbour."He belongs to the sky. We belong to e[0.0] arth we're chickens."
[0.0] 
[0.0]  
[0.0] 
[0.0] So the eagle lived and died a chicken for that's what he thought he was.
[0.0] 
[0.0]  
[0.0] 
[0.0] You become what you are in your mind's eye. If you think you are nothing that's what you are. If you[0.0]  think you can reach for the heavens, then you can'): SQL logic error or missing database
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('22','2013','NOT EVERYTHING AT ONCE!','A preacher, entered a hall where he was to give [0.0] a sermon.
[0.0]  
[0.0] The hall was empty except for a young man seated in the front row.
[0.0]  
[0.0] The Preacher, pondering whether to speak or not, finally said to man, "You are the only one here. Do[0.0]  you think I should speak or not?"
[0.0]  
[0.0] The man said,  "Master, I am but a simple man and do not understand these things. But, if I came int[0.0] o the stables and saw that all the horses had run off and only one remained, then I would feed it ne[0.0] vertheless."
[0.0]  
[0.0] The Preacher took this to heart and began to preach. He spoke for over two hours. After that he felt[0.0]  elated and wanted his audience to confirm how great his sermon had been. He asked, "How did you lik[0.0] e my sermon?"
[0.0]  
[0.0] The man answered, "I told you already that I am a simple man and do not understand these things very[0.0]  well. However, if I came into the stables and found all the horses gone except one I would feed it,[0.0]  but I would not give it all the fodder I had."'): SQL [0.0] logic error or missing database
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('23','2013','GIFT ME YOUR AHANKAAR!','A Sanyasi went to a King. After a few days of sta[0.0] y, while going, the Sanyasi asked the King to gift him [0.0] something of his choice.
[0.0]  
[0.0] The King thought for a while and said, "Take everything in the treasury."
[0.0]  
[0.0] "But that does not belong to you. It belongs to the state, you are only its trustee," explained the [0.0]  Sanyasi.
[0.0]  
[0.0] "Then take this palace," said the King. "This too belongs to the people," the Sanyasi laughed.
[0.0]  
[0.0] "This body is mine, take it and do what  you please with it," said the King. "This belongs to your c[0.0] hildren. How can I take it?" the  sanyasi responded.
[0.0]  
[0.0] "So what is it that is mine and worthy of giving you?
[0.0] Please tell me and I shall give it to you."
[0.0] "Oh King, if you really want to give me something which belongs to you, then give me your Ahamkaar, [0.0]  your pride; the 'I'," said the sanyasi.
[0.0]  
[0.0] Ahamkaar is the door to defeat. Ahamkaar destroys glory. It is a sign of hollowness. The sooner you [0.0] give it away, the better'): SQL logic error or missing database
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('24','2013','SHARPEN YOUR AXE!','Once upon a time a very strong wood cutter got a job i[0.0] n a timber company. The pay was really good and so were[0.0]  the work conditions. For that reason, the woodcutter was determined to do his best.
[0.0]  
[0.0] His boss gave him an axe and showed him the area where he was supposed to work.
[0.0]  
[0.0] The first day, the wood cutter brought  down eighteen trees.
[0.0] "Congratulations," the boss said, "Go on that way"
[0.0]  
[0.0] Very motivated by the boss's words, the woodcutter tried harder the next day. But he could only brin[0.0] g fifteen trees. The third day he tried even harder, but he only could cut ten trees. Day after day [0.0] his output decreased.
[0.0]  
[0.0] "I must be losing my strength," the woodcutter thought. He went to the boss and apologized, saying t[0.0] hat he could not understand what was wrong.
[0.0]  
[0.0] "When was the last time you sharpened your axe?" the boss asked.
[0.0]  
[0.0] "Sharpen? I've had no time to sharpen my axe. I have been very busy trying to cut trees."
[0.0]  
[0.0] The boss said, "if I had eight hours to cut a tree, I would use four hours to sharpen my axe and fou[0.0] r hours to cut the tree"'): SQL logic error or missing database
[0.0] No stack trace
[0.0] 1111222333net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject,story[0.0] path) VALUES('25','2013','PRIZE VEGETABLE!','Baba told this story to the students at Kodaikanal.
[0.0] 
[0.0] Once all the vegetables on Mother Earth got together to know which of them was first in order of mer[0.0] it. All the vegetables prayed to the Creator to do the judging. So, Lord Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh d[0.0] escended on to earth and unanimously declared one veget[0.0] able better than the rest, The onion, While all the vegetables had good qualities, the onion had one[0.0]  extra quality that the others did not. The onion smelled the same throughout its life. So  also, ou[0.0] r devotion to God should be constant, irrespective of w[0.0] hether we are happy or not.
[0.0]  
[0.0] Just before leaving to go back to the Heavens, each of the gods blessed the onion. Brahma placed his[0.0]  hand on his beard and said, "I bless you. As long as you are on this earth, you will have a beard l[0.0] ike mine."
[0.0]  
[0.0] Lord Vishnu said ,"If someone cuts through you vertically, the shape of my conch shall be seen. If y[0.0] ou are cut horizontally, my disc shall be visible"
[0.0]  
[0.0] Lord Mahesh said, "Onion, I bless you. Whenever someone hurts you, that person will cry, and not you[0.0] ."'): SQL logic error or missing database

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

you don't have to post pages of non-meaningful trace output.

however, the one line that could cause an error is not mentioned:

what value does "str" have? is the database opened successfully?

try to execute the sql command using sqlite manager to ensure that the sql is valid.

also be aware of your current code being vulnerable to sql injections. use prepared statements to avoid that.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
Achin

yes my database opened successfully
i think it's problem of special character in my web service data
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

When you debug this and step through the processing, what line is it on when it fails?  What data is being inserted at that point?

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain

Achin wrote:
i think it's problem of special character in my web service data

prepared statements take care of that.

feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
Achin

hi,
       @simon, yes it's exception of specila characters, if you look at my queery

INSERT into tbstory(Week,Year,subject) that will execute perfectly but when i insert DATA into my story coloum at that time i got the exception of SQL LOGIC 

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
Achin

hi , i have used prepared statements but still it's giving me SQL LOGIC ERROR

Hashtable ht = new Hashtable();
ht.put("storypath", (fstNm22.item(0)).getNodeValue());

try {
								 Statement statmnt2 = db2.createStatement("INSERT INTO tbstory (storypath) VALUES (?) ");

statmnt2.prepare();
								 statmnt2.bind(1,(String) ht.get("storypath"));		     		    
								 statmnt2.execute();
								 statmnt2.reset();
								 statmnt2.close();

db2.close();
							} catch (Exception e) {
								// TODO Auto-generated catch block
								db2.close();
								System.out.println("1111222333"+e.toString());

e.printStackTrace();
							}

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain

i suggest that you use SQlite Manager (firefox addon) or something similar to execute the statements and see if they cause an error
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
Achin

@peter_strange, i have some stories in my webservice, and that conatin some special characters...,and when i try to insert them to my database they give SQL LOGIC ERROR

Please use plain text.