Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
rolandw
My Device: a

problem with the BlackBerry_App_Descriptor.xml in Eclipse Plug-In 1.3 "InvalidRegex"

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I'm working with the BlackBerry PlugIn 1.3.0 with Eclipse Helios on Win7 32bit.

when I build a BlackBerry Project I have this message:

InvalidRegex: Pattern value '([a-zA-Z_]{1,63}[\s-a-zA-Z_0-9.]{0,63}[;]?)*' is not a valid regular expression. The reported error was: ''-' is an invalid character range. Write '\-'.' at column '{2}'.    BlackBerry_App_Descriptor.xml       Unknown    XML Problem

Please, can anybody help me?

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

Re: problem with the BlackBerry_App_Descriptor.xml in Eclipse Plug-In 1.3 "InvalidRegex"

welcome to the support forums.

maybe you took an invalid version number? it is only allowed in the a.b.c format with each letter representing a number of 1-3 digits.

otherwise check the xml file manually for the sign

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
New Contributor
rolandw
My Device: a

Re: problem with the BlackBerry_App_Descriptor.xml in Eclipse Plug-In 1.3 "InvalidRegex"

Thanks for your Answer,

I checked the XML File but there is no '-' .

That's the XML File:

<Properties ModelVersion="1.1.2">
  <General Title="TestApp" Version="1.0.0" Vendor="BlackBerryDeveloper" Description=""/>
  <Application Type="BlackBerry Application" MainMIDletName="" MainArgs="" HomeScreenPosition="4" StartupTier="7" IsSystemModule="false" IsAutostartup="false"/>
  <Resources hasTitleResource="false" TitleResourceBundleName="" TitleResourceBundleRelativePath="" TitleResourceBundleClassName="" TitleResourceBundleKey="" DescriptionId="">
    <Icons>
      <Icon CanonicalFileName="res\img\icon.png" IsFocus="false"/>
    </Icons>
  </Resources>
  <Compile OutputCompilerMessages="false" ConvertImages="true" CreateWarningForNoExportedRoutine="true" CompressResources="false" AliasList="">
    <PreprocessorDefines/>
  </Compile>
  <Packaging PreBuildStep="" PostBuildStep="" CleanStep="" OutputFileName="TestApp" OutputFolder="deliverables" GenerateALXFile="true">
    <AlxFiles/>
  </Packaging>
  <HiddenProperties>
    <ClassProtection/>
    <PackageProtection/>
  </HiddenProperties>
  <AlternateEntryPoints/>
</Properties>

The Version Number is 1.0.0

Any other Ideas?

Developer
Hithredin
My Device: Z10 Red

Is it the first time it happens on your eclipse?

You may also download the eclipse plugin 1.3.1

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

i don't know a solution, then. maybe create a new project and add the files to it (you can just copy them over) solves the problem.

i still work with the 1.1 plugin as the 1.3 one had some issues for me.

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
New Contributor
hmaass
My Device: Torch 9800, Bold 9780, Bold 9000, Storm 9520, Curve 8310

Make sure that the Eclipse Java Plug-in starts with the JDK, not a JRE.

Edit the eclipse.ini and add the "vm" parameter, which should point to a javaw.exe of a JDK installation.

---------------------<snip>

--launcher.defaultAction
openFile
-vm
C:\Programme\Java\jdk1.6.0_17\bin\javaw.exe
-vmargs
-Dosgi.framework.extensions=net.rim.ejde.preprocessing.hook
-Xms40m
-Xmx512M
-XX:MaxPermSize=512m

----------------------<snap>

Cheers,

Heiko

Contributor
DanielRaap
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for the tip. The vm parameter has not worked for me, but removing Java 7 removed that error (I had also other problems with Java 7, so I just got rid of it)

Visitor
cryo243
My Device: 8520

man I have exactly the same problem... please tell me what java sdk u used when u removed java 7 coz I have java 6update 27 it still giving me the same error... pls help

vkarmapolice
My Device: Torch

It works for me.

Contributor
Melad
My Device: 8520

What is your project name ?

Do not use special characters in project names.