Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Trusted Contributor
pli
My Device: Bold
Accepted Solution

promptForResetIfRequired is always prompting if a simple module is installed thru the CodeModuleManager

I am testing a program to install a blackberry application inside my application using the net.rim.device.api.system.CodeModuleManager. The application installed is just a HelloWorldDemo from Blackberry JDE sample code. However even with that simple install, isResetRequired() would return true and promptForResetIfRequired () would prompt for restarting of the simulator.

If I tried to install the same file from the brower (by using jad file), I wouldn't get any prompt for restart. It updates the CodeModule and CodeModuleGroup persistent store which should be same as if the CodeModuleGroup class directly.  So just wonder why there is such difference.

Developer
BeroboInc
My Device: Torch 9800, Bold 9700

Re: promptForResetIfRequired is always prompting if a simple module is installed thru the CodeModuleManager

Is it a reinstallation?  Are there any classes the same in both apps?

Berobo Inc.
Police Scanner Radio / Alarm Clock lets you listen to Police scanners in your area!
http://www.berobo.com
pli
My Device: Bold

Re: promptForResetIfRequired is always prompting if a simple module is installed thru the CodeModuleManager

Hi, Thanks for your reply.  They do use same classes. However I am not sure about the reinstallation case. I was not able able revist this topic since we won't use CodeModuleManager to install application any more. I did find this link which gives detailed reason for this.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/The-reason-a-reset-is-required-when-up...

I will mark this thread as resolved for now.