Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
gunar
My Device: 8830, 8100
Accepted Solution

push screen when calling

Hi!

I want to push a screen on top of everything I have on the device when I get an incoming/outgoing call or when I am in a direct call ... Now, what happens here is that the phone hangs when I initiate the call from the phone book screen... If I push the screen from the call log screen I have no problem at all. Below is how I add the screen. This is done in a separate thread created and started from callInitiated(int callid)method implementation ...

synchronized (UiApplication.getEventLock()) { UiApplication.getUiApplication().requestForeground(); UiApplication.getUiApplication().pushScreen(new CustomScreen()); }

I am trying different OS versions as for 8100 v 4.2.1.103 I am not able to push any screen while the application is in the background... (Nevertheless I put the application to foreground before)...

Best regards!

gunar

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: push screen when calling

Please see the following link for a sample on how to display a screen from a background application.

How To - Alert a user from a Background application
Article Number: DB-00407

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800332/800505/800608/...

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Developer
gunar
My Device: 8830, 8100

Re: push screen when calling

Hi!

Thanks a lot for this solution! ....it helped!

Best regards!

gunar

Please use plain text.