Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

pushScreen does not work identically on different devices!

hi geeks,

I got a weird problem with my app running on different OS6 devices. The app runs as it should on the Torch, but has the following problem on the Bold and on the Style devices.

When I do UiApplication.pushScreen(myScreen), the screen does NOT show up on the device until I move the trackball a little bit. The exact same code works as normal on the Torch device.

How can I fix this or how can I gain more information on what to do? Logs and Debug do not show anything unusual, so it seems like a refresh event or what ever is not properly handled on the two new devices.

Thanks!

Developer

Re: pushScreen does not work identically on different devices!

That is odd. Are you sure the screen is getting pushed at the point you think it is? Maybe try invalidate()ing the screen when you push it..

Trusted Contributor

Yes I think so since the push is the last line and when debugging I see that after push no more code is executed, but screen is still not on the phone (I debug on the phone directly), but after touching the trackball it's there immediately.

Invalidate does not change anything at all, unfortunately... this is really strange!

Developer
My Device: various
My Carrier: various

Is it your custom screen? Does it have any custom elements with overridden layout/sublayout?

----------------------------------------------------------
please click 'Accept Solution' on posts that provide the solution to the question you've posted. Don't say "Thanks", press 'Like' button instead!
Trusted Contributor

it is a custom screen with a tree table in it, some customized pictures and stuff. but since this works on torch why shoudlnt they work on others?

I did never overwrite layout or sublayout methods, also I did not overwrite paint or something like this.