Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
klyster
My Device: Not Specified

"Application not responding; process terminated" when trying to stream video

I'm having a problem with my application being terminated with the following message.

"Application WAB_Blackberry_4_5_NL(220) is not responding; process terminated"

This sometimes occurs when trying to launch a piece of streaming video within my MIDP application. The termination occurs before the video actually starts playing.

I have looked at other threads here and have looked at the event log but nothing jumps out as blocking the event thread.

Can anyone suggest what to look for? I assumed the problem would be in a thread coming from the event dispatcher, but the only thread including that says the following, and doesn't reach any of my own methods:

NPO_UG_Blackberry_4_5_NL(220) 48 4 0xF1030000
net_rim_cldc-6
   ApplicationProcess
   getMessage
   0x4CFA
net_rim_cldc-6
   Application
   processNextMessage
   0x6BF
net_rim_cldc-6
   Application
   enterEventDispatcher
   0x5C6
net_rim_cldc-3
   MIDletMain
   main
   0x5561

Other threads include an animation heartbeat, read and write threads for the main comms IO and one created by the MMAPI implementaion for the video stream.

Any suggestions very gratefully received.

Cheers,

Kirwan

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: "Application not responding; process terminated" when trying to stream video

How are you playing the video?  Are you using the Player class or are you invoking the Media Player?  The following link explains the error you are receiving.  The recommended approach is to move the code triggering this to its own thread.

Support - Process [ApplicationName] killed due to message queue overflow
Article Number: DB-00401

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800451/800783/Support...

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.