If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
SumiGhosh
My Device: Z10 LE, Playbook, DevAlpha C, 9900, 9380
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

"Error starting xxxxx: Module ‘net_rim_bb_qm_platform’ not found"

Hi all,

Today i got the email from Blackberry saying "While testing your app on the BlackBerry Smartphones 8520/8530, 9300/9330, the application fails to launch and displays the following error message with an "OK" option to dismiss it: "Error starting xxxxx: Module ‘net_rim_bb_qm_platform’ not found"."

I am using BBM for sendDownloadInvitation to the other BBM users.

After researching i came to know that these devices with OS5.0 requires BBM6.0 installed to work. Again researching i found out  "Alternative BBM Dependency checker" but for me it is little bit tougher to understand. 

Can anyone show me the code snippet to download bbm6 before starting my app.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: "Error starting xxxxx: Module ‘net_rim_bb_qm_platform’ not found"

No snippet, you have to download from BlackBerry World.

For the Simulators, this is not possible, so you have to use a later level SImulator which comes with BBM, or one supplied with the SDK.

If your app ONLY runs with BBM, then the sample which starts up a proxy application is not that hard. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
SumiGhosh

Mine is a news application and i am using BBM only for sending a download invitation to other friends. My application is working on mine 8900 which is OS5.0 device. Can u explain little bit about proxy application, since i didnt get that.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

Proxy application is started instead of your real application.  If BBM is not present, it just displays a message saying download BBM.  If it is present it starts your app. 

The dependency option is more complicated and requires that you include all the BBM code in a different cod (project), and you main app checks to see if the cod is there - if it is not then you don't have BBM installed and the app will run without BBM.

In your case I would consider using the preprocessor and building two apps.  One with BBM and one without. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
SumiGhosh

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I created two different apps one is my ORIGINAL application and other is my PROXY application. I tested it on different devices, working fine. For the both apps i gave  the same icon and application name. So any one tell me the exact procedure how to package and upload these files to BlackBerry World.

I read some posts in the forum about uploading but it is not clear for me...

And i am using Java plugin for Eclipse....

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

Ah - my bad!

I don't think I made it clear the implciations of the method I suggested.  Your users will have a choice of applications.  So you will have two different variations.  If you use this approach you will need two different applications on BlackBerry World.  One that says this is for users with BBM, and another for users without BBM.

That said, I don't understand your question.  Can you explain what you have built.  For example. you now have two applications - do they both require BBM?

Please use plain text.
Developer
SumiGhosh

The two applications now i have is
1. proxy and
2. news app with BBM.

Proxy checks the BBM version and if it is successfull it will open my app, otherwise it will show a prompt to user to download the BBM6 to run my news app.

And i have tested on my devices with BBM6 and lesser. And it is working as it was. So can you suggest me what i have to do further....
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

So you are creating a single version that will not start when the user does not have BBM of a suitable level.

In that case you d not have two applications, you only have one - the proxy application.  You have two cods, and you add both to BlackBerry World in the same release bundle. 

You would package the same two cods in the one jad file for over the Air installation. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
SumiGhosh

exactly. now i will try to upload this.
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

Does this mean you have resolved this problem?

Please use plain text.