Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: Any
My Carrier: Several
Accepted Solution

"Find in page" in a Browserfield

Dear all,

I am struggling with what I didn't expect to be an issue before actually dealing with it.

I designed a simple app, basically a Browserfield displaying a few HTML files locally packaged.

One of them contains a list of names+infos which users must be able to search in, as they would normally do with "find in page" in the classic BB web browser.

The Browserfield doesn't seem to provide the function, so I tried a few alternatives which all failed:

- having the data in an XLS/PDF/whatever format / fail because of compatibility - many BB OS versions

- opening a txt file - no search function as well

I couldn't find a resolved similar case in the forum. Any idea?

Thanks

chris

Contributor
My Device: Dev Alpha, 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: "Find in page" in a Browserfield

I've never worked with a BrowserField and I'm shooting arrows in the dark here, but maybe execute a Javascript which searches for stuff in the page and scroll to the result?

I've got 99 problems and eclipse is all of them

Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Any
My Carrier: Several

Re: "Find in page" in a Browserfield

Hi,

Thanks for your answer, that I tried but I had to face my relative inability to be efficient in javascript..

So I switched to a dropdown list solution displaying only the adequate block of names+infos. I have 30+ options in my list so it is not ideal, but at least it now works.

Will let you know if I find a better way.

Thanks

chris