Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
bb7ganesh
My Device: Not Specified

"Media Files in BB Strom 9530"

Hi Genius,

i have .mp4 media (Video) File , here i can watch the video directly (Not need to save)  when i click open button at 8330 models.But when i run the same application in strom (9530).... i can't able to open it directly i got this message

"The current media cannot be played from the network .Save it first for local play playback ".... But i can save it and watch it..........  can any body know what is happen there when i open.........

And onemore thing ,i cant download above  3mb size files (got 413 Bug)...........  how can i rectify this bug......

Expect uuuuuu

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook

Re: "Media Files in BB Storm 9530"

Media playback support varies between BlackBerry models.  The following link lists supported formats.

Media types supported on the BlackBerry smartphone

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05482&sliceId=1&docTy...

You can read about the 413 response here.

What Is - HTTP 413 Request Entity Too Large
Article Number: DB-00623

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800451/800563/What_Is...

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Contributor
zelaza
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

The first part of this question is not resolved.  I challenge you to provide a full working example of a web page containing an embedded video object that will actually play (not download) in a Blackberry.

- zelaza
Please use plain text.
Developer
EnochRoot
My Device: 8900

Hi zelaza,

challenge solved :smileywink:

- I filmed a video with my Bold 9000 and copied it to the htdcos folder of my XAMPP webserver on my notebook.

- I use the Bold's browser to navigate to the the webserver within my Wifi network

- I choose the file and start to play it.

Works fine.

But I have a similar problem:

I've to BB 9000 and a Notebook. I implemented a leight version of a webserver (HTTP/TCP) for my BB devices.

- I am able to stream data from the BB webserver.

- But I am not able to stream the 3gp video from this BB webserver.

- The curious thing is, the same file can be streamed from my XAMPP.

If i try to stream the 3GP video from my BB webserver to the other BB device, it results in the message, that I have to download the file before playing it.

I use the same HTTP header that my XAMPP sends. I do not have any ideas how to solve this.

Thanks for help!

Please use plain text.
Developer
EnochRoot
My Device: 8900

Add. Infos for zelaza:

Look at this post:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Unable-to-stream-videos-on-the-BlackBerry-St...

The Storm seems to be the problem in your case, due to the fact that is does not support HTTP Progressive Downlaod. You have to use a RTSP/RTP server that provides 3gp videos.

Please use plain text.