Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
ALEXZAGO
My Device: Not Specified

"No debug information found for module 'net_rim_cldc'"

Hi,

I'm using BlackBerry Plug-in for Eclipse (I have JDE 4.5.0 and 4.6.0 installed). I have a Bold and a Pearl 8220.

I'd like to debug my application using the option "Debug as" and then "BlackBerry device" but I get the following error message. So it seems that I need to install some files in order to proceed with this debug. Can you help me with this? 

Thank you!

"No debug information found for module 'net_rim_cldc'. Many debugging features will not work properly."

Please use plain text.
Developer
RexDoug

Re: "No debug information found for module 'net_rim_cldc'"

Everybody gets this, don't worry about it.

You can still set breakpoints and single-step code, and you can see the Sytem.out.println() trace from the device in your console window.

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

While it is indeed very common i have to correct RexDoug, in some cases you can not set breakpoints and single step code.
The error message means that your JDE and the blackberry do not have the same OS and the JDE is missing the debug files for the installed OS.

sysout works in any case.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
New Developer
ALEXZAGO

Not sure what I'm doing different from yesterday this time but when I click Debug As and then Blackberry Device it asks for by Bold 9000 password and then it renders the following error message: "The net_rim_app_manager_debug" file is missing. Please choose the missing file." Then it gives me 4 options: Search, Browse, Cancel and Don't Ask this Again. If I hit cancel hundreds of other similar messages will render: "net_rim_app_manager_CLDC", "net_rim_app_manager_CDLC-4.Debug", etc...and if I hit Don't ask this again it apparently runs but it won't allow my to do anything apart from "Terminating" or "Disconneting to the device". Also, nothing happens with the device.

I suspect there is really something missing. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
haagmm

This is caused by your development enviroment not having a simulator for the operating system on your device.

Look at your device, get the full 4 touple os, 4.6.0.167 for example which was the at&t gold build,  go to this web set : https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=060AD92489947D410D897474079C1477

select the base (likely 4.6.0) and look for the specific number.  If your running any of the leeked OSes you are unfortuantly not going to be able to find it here, because this is only for publicly released OSes.

once you have downloaded and installed the OS i don't know 100% how to tie it into eclipse, it may install cleanly, it may not.  In the JDE sometimes you need to add a new simulator pointing to the installed dir. 

Please use plain text.
New Developer
ALEXZAGO

Hi,

I downloaded "BlackBerry_Simulators_4.6.0.195_8220.exe" to try in my Pearl 8220 device but weirdly when I run this .exe file a MS-DOS screen pops up for 1 second and that's all! Nothing else happens! It was supposed to install normally as any other device software correct? Do you know if there is any special trick to install it?

Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Developer
haagmm

I would try redownloading it, it seems your copy might be bad.  Alternatively you could try running it from the command line so you can see the error.  I have also had issues with blackberry installers where I get an error message after they extract and I need to go into temp files and run the msi in there, however I believe that is an issue with my system and not RIM.

Please use plain text.