Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
Rajat_10Sep
My Device: Not Specified

"Now Playing Option"

Hi,

I am developing  a small app, but i am stuck with one scenario.

Scenarion 1 in which things are working properly

If i play song in native player then , if i start my application , i am able to see "Now Playing" option.

Scenario 2 in which things are not working

If i start my application first and then invoke media player using invocation API, then "Now Playing" option is not seen across the application.

Please provide your inputs i am not able to find any solution nor i am not able to reach at any conclusion.

Regards,
Rajat Gupta.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If your problem was get solved then please mark the thread as "Accepted solution" and kudos - your wish
Developer
Rajat_10Sep

Re: "Now Playing Option"

HI,

Any help or suggesstion will be appreciated.

Regards,
Rajat Gupta.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If your problem was get solved then please mark the thread as "Accepted solution" and kudos - your wish
Developer
Rajat_10Sep

Hi,

Any input.

Regards,
Rajat Gupta.
Developer
Rajat_10Sep

Hi,

Any suggestion on this i tried different diffrerent things but nothing is working.

Regards,
Rajat Gupta.
Developer
Developer
CMY
My Device: 8130 / 8350 / 9530 / 9550 / 9850 / PlayBook

I'm sure the now playing option is only present if media is playing, so you'll have to find someway to reintialize your menu. I create all custom menus in my apps, so I don't know an actal way of doing this, sorry.

Developer
Rajat_10Sep

Hi CMY,

Thanks for your input , but i am stuck with this particluar issue.

Regards,
Rajat Gupta.
Developer
Developer
CMY
My Device: 8130 / 8350 / 9530 / 9550 / 9850 / PlayBook

Have you tried recreating the menu or recreating a new instance of the screen? I don't know how you make your menu's, but I recreate mine each time the menu buton is pressed. Maybe that would work for you?