Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
gaurav_dhingra
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: "Unauthorized attempt to attach to this application" Exception on Device PlatformVersion: 6.6.0.195 Device OS: 6.0.0.526 DeviceModel: 9800

Don't know is it bug in that release or what. I have to find the solution of this as soon as possible. Thanx for your replies.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

Re: "Unauthorized attempt to attach to this application" Exception on Device PlatformVersion: 6.6.0.195 Device OS: 6.0.0.526 DeviceModel: 9800

If you create a standalone test for this and post it here as I suggested, you will find people here will have a go at it and perhaps try to create a workaround for you. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
RexDoug

Probably a dumb question, but have you checked application permissions?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gaurav_dhingra

@peter Actually i'm so occupied in some other work as deadline for my project is very near, thats why searching for some alternate otherwise standalone app will be last option for me...

@Rex i have given all the Application Permission to my App even I have also checked it by code to force user to give app permision at startup by invoking Permission app. its creating problem only in FolderListenre if i m trying to send email directly from my app then ther is no prob.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

"Actually i'm so occupied in some other work as deadline for my project is very near, thats why searching for some alternate otherwise standalone app will be last option for me..."

Understood, but as I said, I do not think anyone here can help anymore with what we have.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gaurav_dhingra

Thanx peter for your help...

Please use plain text.
Developer
StevenKader
My Carrier: Rogers

I have seen this problem.   In my case I was also trying to perform email related work in the folder listener.  The problem is that the folder listener is running in the system process and not my app so I saw this same errorr.  

To fix it I created a global event listener in my app that did all of this work.  Then in the folder listener I sent my app the global event with the message data needed as parameters.

Hope this helps.

Steven Kader at JaredCo
   Follow me on Twitter    |     Mipixi.com :  Web App for Photo Sharing
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

The approach you have suggested has already been suggested to the OP (review the previous posts to verify) who says that even using this method, he sees the problem. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gaurav_dhingra

yes peter before posting this issue her i have tried it with GlobalEvent....Now Im working on creating standalone app using GlobalEvent as u people have suggested...

Please use plain text.
Developer
StevenKader
My Carrier: Rogers

Sorry about that. That is correct.

Steven Kader at JaredCo
   Follow me on Twitter    |     Mipixi.com :  Web App for Photo Sharing
Please use plain text.