Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Regular Contributor
clausdp79
My Device: bold 2

run application from console

Hi,

since I'm trying to get into unit testing using bUnit does anybody know how to run a blackberry application from console? The idea is to run my application test in a bot for automatizing testing procedure.

thanks a lot.

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

Re: run application from console

as you need a blackberry OS to run blackberry software you won't succeed without a simulator.

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Regular Contributor
clausdp79

[ Edited ]

Hi Simon,

thanks for your answer. I try to be more precise. There is a way to start the simulator from console?

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

i don't think it is feasible. i would suggest you contact the bUnit developers.

i use junit to test my networking and other non-bb-specific code, the rest is not automatically tested

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Regular Contributor
clausdp79

I've integrated the bUnit framework inside my project. Since I'm able to deploy the application on the simulator through Eclipse, doing it by console should be possible....basically I would like to start it using a batch procedure and redirecting all the output on a log file.

New Developer
hedgerow
My Device: Not Specified

I'm having some issues with integrating the BUnit2 source into my app. Would you consider showing the structure of your setup (via the navigator)? I wodner if the integration has to be at the source level versus creating BUnit2 as a library (which I have no idea how to do).