Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
vjava
My Device: touch
My Carrier: java

scrolling issue on blackberry

HI all,

I have one strange problem.

I have a view which extend vertical manager this view has some events listed one by one.

On clicking on any event it will open a new view which also extend vertical manager this view has detail of event.

My issue happens when i scroll down in first view and click on event it opens new view but its poistion is set at the verticla of old view. IE it started the screen from teh position where i clicked in the first view so event details are left behind in top and it shows blank lower screen.

Event deatils are there on teh screen but not visible and laos it does not allow me to scroll up on new view in this case.

Can any one help me why it is happening

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: scrolling issue on blackberry

"On clicking on any event it will open a new view which also extend vertical manager this view has detail of event."

So you add extra Fields to the same VFM, or you have a new screen with a new VFM?

Note that when first displayed, the scroll will move to the first focusable Field. 

To me this sounds like you are reusing a VFM when you should perhaps be creating a new one. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vjava

I am not using teh same vfm on click it will create new manager which will come up at the top of stack and will show the detail on this vfm i am having teh issue

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

"it will create new manager which will come up at the top of stack "

Managers don't have a 'stack', so I don't understand this.  Can you expand on this.

Are you using standard Managers and Fields?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vjava

Hi I have one home screen . which is showing a event list view this this is a VFM actually. when one click on an event it will open another VFM which will replace teh previous one and will come up on teh screen.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

I suspect it would be easier to just push a new screen with the details of the Event chosen.

If you delete one VFM and then add the new one, then normally layout processing will take care of this and scrolling should happen automatically, at least that is my experience.

You haven't told us if you see this with standard Managers and Fields, or only your special ones.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vjava

The standard one i am not using any customized one but i am facing this issue still and it is randmoize this isssue is not coming on simulator it is only on device

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

OK, these are hardest to find usually.

Can you confirm the OS level you are developing with and the OS Level of the device.  What device is involved too.  Have you tried it on a Simulator that matches that device and OS Level?

You may be best creating a small standalone example of this that we can try ourselves. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vjava

I am using black berry os 6 same as simulator but simulator is not giving problem it is device which is giving problem. I tried with other versions like os 5 also and same issue there

Please use plain text.