Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
Jeff_Lu
My Device: 8700

Re: setVerticalScroll will not work if ActivaRichTextField with mutil-line Text.

Hi Rajat,

Thanks for your reply.

finally, I made it work.

I did not directly setVerticalScroll on Manager,

I get the field which need to be displayed on the first line.

and direct caculate the position and using screen.setVerticalscroll();

it works good.

thanks for your help.

Please use plain text.
Developer
rakeshsoni
My Device: Curve8530, Curve8900, Storm9500
My Carrier: Airtel, vodaphone, Wifi

Re: setVerticalScroll will not work if ActivaRichTextField with mutil-line Text.

Please share the code.

Please use plain text.
Developer
arkadyz
My Device: various
My Carrier: various

As you might have noticed, this Thread is over 2 years old, so the OP might not even have the access to the code anymore.

However, the reason for the problem is obvious: none of the VerticalFieldManagers the author used are scrolling, despite VERTICAL_SCROLL flag provided to them. This is because the containing Screen is scrolling on its own, and so provides its children with almost infinite height. Since the available height is big enough, the Manager doesn't see the need to scroll. A simple super(NO_VERTICAL_SCROLL) in AMainScreen's constructor (instead of super()) would have drastically changed the situation.

More details here:

MainScreen explained

----------------------------------------------------------
please click 'Accept Solution' on posts that provide the solution to the question you've posted. Don't say "Thanks", press 'Like' button instead!
Please use plain text.