Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Torch 9800
Accepted Solution

simulator configurations in Eclipse 1.3

I downloaded and installed the 9810 simulator. However, I am unable to see it within Eclipse. How do I connect Eclipse to the simulator?

Within Eclipse Run/Debug Configurations, I have selected BlackBerry JRE 7.0.0 but I still do not see the 9810 available as a device. I only see the BlackBerry-SDK - 9930 which I'm guessing came with the BlackBerry Java Plug-In for Eclipse.

Thanks,

feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
Developer
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: simulator configurations in Eclipse 1.3

I uninstalled the simulator and re-installed. Upon re-installation I chose to have the application installed for all users instead of just for my own userid. That seemed to solve the problem.

I'm using Windows XP. When I had selected to install it just for my own userid, it put the simulator in a folder that was localized to my userid. When I re-installed it and selected "all users", it put the simulator in the C:\Programs and Files\Research In Motion\ folder.

It appears to be working now.

feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.