Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
vskarine
My Device: Not Specified

start desktop application when blackberry is plugged to pc

Hello, 

I want to have desktop executable located on the blackberry that will execute on the pc as soon as blackberry is connected to the pc, is this possible? (maybe have executable pretend it is a driver or is there a startup config file on mini-sd card?)

Thanks! 

Please use plain text.
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: start desktop application when blackberry is plugged to pc

Blackberry architecture is not like a Windows/MacOS architecture.

Blackberry does not support windows/macos executable files. You cannot run application from desktop computer on your blackberry.

To implement desktop application that you want - you have to implement a USB-port listener. When a device is connected it starts "conversation" to recognize that it is a blackberry device and does what you want.

Below there are links which can help you in that way:

Blackberry Developer Resources

USB Development for MS Windows

USB Basics for Apple Developers

Please use plain text.
New Developer
vskarine
My Device: Not Specified

Hi, you don't understand what I mean.

I have application that I want to run on Windows as soon as blackberry is plugged in. This application will not be installed on the computer but instead will be on the microSD card of the blackberry. So what will happen is I will plug-in usb to the computer and on that computer executable from the microSD card will start. I know one of the ways to do it is to add config file on the root directory of the microSD card so that when windows recognizes storage device it might look into that file and start the app (kinda like CD start-up but from microSD card on blackberry). I was just wondering if there are any other methods of doing this.

Thanks,

Vassili 

Please use plain text.
Developer

Check this link: http://dailycupoftech.com/usb-drive-autoruninf-tweaking/

Please note that on some windows stations autorun is completely disabled for security reasons.

Please use plain text.
Developer

If your've got the answer to your question - please set the mark "Solution" at the right side of the post with the answer.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.