Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
madhurvyas1
My Device: Not Specified

support multiple os versions on same COD file

HI,

I want to create COD files that can run on multiple os versions & based on the version I can support the feature.

Like if the application is run on a Storm it should have touch support & if run on 8100 it should work with trackball.

Is it possible using Class.forName ().

Any ideas, I dont want different versions of application for different handsets. Same build running on all handsets.

Please use plain text.
Developer
RexDoug

Re: support multiple os versions on same COD file

"Same Build" is a tough requirement. "Same distro", maybe.

You can use the preprocessor to isolate your version-dependent code, but that still requires mutiple builds and muiltiple distros.

You can isolate all version-dependent code in seperately-compiled libraries and code to the interfaces (rather than concrete implementations), and this might give you a single distro (with multiple dependant libraries). However, you will still have separate builds for your version-dependant libraries.

After trying several scenarios, I've resigned myself to multiple builds, multiple distros, but using a single code tree. For me, this was the "path of least friction". Other folks will have different requirements and will therefore come up with different solutions.

Please use plain text.
Developer
madhurvyas1

Re: support multiple os versions on same COD file

Thanks,

I was also thinking on same path. We need to have separate builds.

Please use plain text.