Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Smartphone 9780
My Carrier: -

touchEvent issue in a field without focus !

Hi, suppose in my screen I have a customComboBox and a customListField, the problem appear when I try to touch an item in the listfield, and the combo have the focus, the touch event is consumed by the combo, but, otherwise, when the list have the focus and I try to touch the combobox, the event is consumed properly by the combo

Some suggestion?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My good english is beceause i dont speak english
Developer
My Device: various
My Carrier: various

Re: touchEvent issue in a field without focus !

This is one of the most frequently asked questions here on the forums. Indeed, when a user touches any place outside a focusable field, the one currently in focus receives the click event.

However, your case might be different - it seems that your list field is focusable, so it should receive focus before the system produces a click event. Do you have any touchEvent overrides in your fields and/or your manager? If yes, can you post the code?

----------------------------------------------------------
please click 'Accept Solution' on posts that provide the solution to the question you've posted. Don't say "Thanks", press 'Like' button instead!