Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
adem666
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

two applications with same module problem

I have two application and they have two modules for each. and one of them has same name.

ApplicationA => AppA + MyLib   (I combine two modules into one jad)

ApplicationB => AppB + MyLib    (I combine two modules into one jad)

and MyLib modules are not same. one of them is updated and newer. then, I try to install these two application, but I cannot do this. I installed ApplicationA successfully. but when I try to install, device shows a warning like:

“ApplicationB” contains a module called “MyLib”. A module with that name already exists in the “ApplicationA” applicaiton. If you proceed, “ApplicationB” will be replaced by “ApplicationA”. Proceed ? “

how can I install two application in same device ?

you can try this issue with these links:

http://smartface.org/t/bbtest/1/Pusula.jad

http://smartface.org/t/bbtest/2/gezenzi.jad

Developer
BB-Dude
My Device: 9900

Re: two applications with same module problem

If you are using the same library then only install it once. If your libraries are not the same then one of them must have a different name.

Developer
peter_strange

And not just a different name, changing the cod name only will do no good because the BlackBerry will load up the individual classes from the cods and does not support duplicates. 

You need to be very careful and clever when attempting to share code. 

New Developer
adem666

that libraries are different, beacuse, I fix some bugs. and this fixing makes difference about new and old library. I want to one of them install device.

why can I update two module with one jad file ? is there any way to do this ?

Developer
peter_strange

How the BlackBerry copes with a cod file that is shared seems to vary by device and OS Level. 

If you wish this situation to work 100% in all circumstances in my opinion, you need to install your Library as a separate download.  So to get one application, the user will download the Application and the Library.  To get the next, they just download the Application, because the Library is already present.  Using this approach, you should be able to upgrade the shared Library.  Any other situation may or may not work, at least in my experience. 

So in your case, you need three jads. 

There has been some extensive discussion about shared library cods and related stuff already on the forum.  I recommend that you search for it if you wish to see other perspectives on this.