Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
mwAtlasBrooks
My Device: Not Specified

uncaught exception

As mentioned before I am working on an App to spawn a browser (w URL and parameters)

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=java_dev&message.id=8385#M8385

Normally it works ok.  However when installing or updating, I sometimes get an 'uncaught exception: no application instance'.  This error only occurs when you click 'run' after an installation; if i run it from the application menu it works fine.  Installation is triggered from an asp page with a link to the web loader file.

I have try-catch blocks in place.

Note: the error occurs after my splash screen goes away, and the browser is starting.

Anybody know whats going on?

OR

is there a way to disable the 'run' button on the installation confirmation screen?

I am basically stuck here, so I appreciate any help.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: uncaught exception

Just a random thought here.  I wonder if your problem is related to your application being started by the Browser, which you are then trying to invoke.  A bit circular.  You might be able to get over this by having your application start a thread, which sleeps for a few seconds, and then starts the Browser.  Just a thought.
Please use plain text.