Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
chaoz1336
My Device: Not Specified

verification error 179

Hi guys,

I need your help. =/

I put my Application on my Blackberry (curve) and when I want to start it, I get an Error(see title).

As far as I know I have to preverify the Application, but when I want to use 

"C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.6.0\bin>preverify -classpath "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.2.1\lib\net_rim_api.jar" MyProject.jar"

then I got the Error "Error preverifying class myPackage.def.myInnerClass java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Thread".

Furthermore I have to say that I use 2 dependencies to "normal" J2ME-Project to my Blackberry Project...

Otherwise I'm still wondering that my "myApplication.jar" doesnt contain the 2 other jar-files (-> dependencies).

I use Eclipse 3.3 with JDE Plugin (dont know what version, but shouldnt really matter).

(bTw: when I try to start the Application in the emulator then I get a JVM-Error... but the built itself is successful).

I would be very thankful for a suitable solution... thx in advance... =)

-Yet another addicted blackberry user-

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

Re: verification error 179

Unfortunately, I think your comment "JDE Plugin (don't know what version, but shouldn't really matter)." is not correct.  You look like you are using the 4.6 JDE, however I suspect your Curve is running 4.2 - certainly I don't believe it is running 4.6.  The general rule for BlackBerry development is summarized by the statement "the API is forward, but not backward compatible".

See following for more info:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=java_dev&message.id=10105

There is not, as far as I am aware, a 4.2 level JDE Plugin for Eclipse, but I think there might be other ways around it.  I'm no Eclipse expert though.

If you were developing using the JDE, you would need to go back to JDE 4.2 or 4.2.1 to do your development for your Curve, or upgrade the Curve to 4.5 and use the 4.5 JDE or Eclipse with 4.5 JDE Plugin.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
chaoz1336

[ Edited ]

so... I was working on JDE4.3, then I installed 4.2.1 and switched my preferences to this...

now... I think I got yet another probleme :smileytongue:

so thx 4 your advice (-> kudos) ... Java/lang/thread is found... BUT (and here comes the tricky part)

as I said... I got some Dependencies... how can it be that my .jar-File doesnt contain the 2 .jar files wich I put into dependencies... in my IDE (still Eclipse.. :smileytongue:)  arent any errors... so can resolve the dependencies well....

thx in advance =)

Message Edited by chaoz1336 on 11-25-2008 09:14 AM
Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook

There is an issue with the current beta release of the BlackBerry JDE Plug-in for Eclipse that prevents third party library jars from being built into BlackBerry libraries.  The work around is to build the application using the BlackBerry JDE.  The steps below can be used to compile a library jar file into a library cod file.

How To - Compile a jar file into a BlackBerry Library
Article Number: DB-00042

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800901/How_To_-_Compi...

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.