If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
technolgia
My Device: Not Specified

Re: verification error XXXX at offset yyyyy VS reboot loop.

Hi,

Am a newbie with .rapc and have verification problems. Am not sure as to how to go bout this.  Is it possible for u to post a sample batch file and how to go about the following steps please.It would be of great help to me.

Thanking you,

Regards,

technolgia 

Please use plain text.
Developer
Christophe
My Device: Many
My Carrier: Many

hi technologia,

did you try without obfuscation ? 

are you using netbeans?

have you try bb-ant-tools?(it may works fine for you)

Is the problem "from the 1st day" or did it appeard lately?

What is you code (and sub cod) sizes?

I'm sorry, I'm very busy latly, so I can not post you a usable version of my batch, but the explaination should drive you through. Can you tell me which part give you problem?

My batch was getting complicated because we got a lot of configuration and I wanted a "one batch" solution, but you can probably manage a quick solution if you got only one project/config.

anway, here is a selection of some part of my batch (will NOT work out of the box):

rem the imported lib for BB set BB_lib="%jde%lib\net_rim_api.jar" rem copied from JDE (for Main Prj, but same as lib) set rp_warning=warnkey=0x52424200;0x52435200;0x52525400 rem rem the rapc import parameter rem rem /!\ for release, CHANGE this in fct of the project /!\ rem set rp_import=import=%libPath_1%;%libPath_2%;%libPath_3%;%BB_lib% rem rem the rapc .rapc file rem rem .RAPC MUST be in the root folder set rp_rapc=%configName%.rapc rem rem The NetBeans config's "build" folder rem set configBuild=%prjDir%build\%configName%\ ////// start of compile rem rem Copy LIB files rem xcopy /Y /S /V %myLib%*.* %configBuild%preprocessed\ >>%log% rem rem Make files list rem dir /S /B /a-d %configBuild%preprocessed\*.* >%batchCD%%configName%.files rem rem change the CD & copy .rapc, so the image path will be relative to the root. rem cd %configBuild%preprocessed\ if exist %prjDir%rapc\%configName%.rapc goto NEXT5 echo . echo . Cannot found the .RAPC: pause goto END :NEXT5 copy %prjDir%rapc\%configName%.rapc %configName%.rapc echo Calling rapc >>%log% rem the output cod file name (without extension) set codFn=%codPrefix%%name%_%vernum% %rp% -quiet %rp_import% codename=%codFn% %rp_warning% -midlet %rp_rapc% @"%batchCD%%configName%.files" >>%log% echo . echo Called rapc >>%log% rem pause rem rem COMPILE ERROR ? rem if not exist %codFn%.err goto CLEAN

Please use plain text.
Developer
technolgia
My Device: Not Specified

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I tried both with and without obfuscation. I am using netbeans. I tried using ant tools. I am able to get rid of the error if i reduce the classes. the cod files and the sub cod file are all less than 70 kb.

Thanking you,

Regards,

technolgia

Please use plain text.
Developer
Christophe
My Device: Many
My Carrier: Many

Hi,

which kind of result did you get using bb-ant-tools?

70Kb? that's weird, I only got the problem when the total size was above‚160k.

Did you try using a batch?

Also, you could compile using JDE and dev. using netbeans. This should work for sure. (I mean, if this does not work, the batch probably won't work either)

You may also try with a custom obfuscation, like: only one package, and rename only private fields/methode.

If you want some more specific help, I need some more specific explaination about where you are blocked.

regards,

Please use plain text.
Contributor
yuntao
My Device: 10k
My Carrier: Sim

[ Edited ]

I also got this error:

"Error starting MyApp:
Module 'myapp' has
verification error 123 at
offset 1234"

After some investigation, I narrowed down to the exact code change that caused this:

public class Parent {

private Child child;

protected Parent {
child = (Child) ChildProvider.getChildVector.elementAt(0);
System.out.println("Child ID" + child.getId());
}

protected static final class Child {
public int getId() {...}
}

The call to child.getId() caused verification error. If I remove it, the error is gone. Does anyone know why?

Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
CMY
My Device: 8130 / 8350 / 9530 / 9550 / 9850 / PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

There was an article posted in the docs about getting that error on software previous to 5.0 when you call a method in the consturcor of a class/object, but it only happens occasionally.

Please use plain text.