Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
Iyenemi_Tyger
My Device: Tour 9630

vertical scrollable richtextfield

Hello and good day everybody
I am trying to implement and vertical autoscrollable text component let me say something like ur bbm chat field(where u type messages to send ) , I have tried adding it to a verticalfieldmanager but that doesn't seem to solve the problem , please any ideas or sample code will be deeply appreciated , thanks .
Developer
BrajeshSanodiya
My Device: torch, Z10

Re: vertical scrollable richtextfield

check this link. 

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Need-animation-in-a-manager/m-p/1885721#M207...

_manager1=new AnimatedManager(vfm,true);

here "vfm" is your manager where you want animation, and "true" for animation from top to bottom. If you pass "false" you can get animation form left to right.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Can you please explain again what you are asking for.

BBM chat Field input Field is just added tot he bottom of the screen and you could use the MainScreen status area for that.  The other Fields are just part of a scrolling manager, you might find the samples here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Implement-advanced-buttons-fields-and-manage...

useful if you want to create something similar.

If this does not answer your question, please ask again, maybe with a mocked up screen shot so that we understand better what you want.

Developer
Iyenemi_Tyger

Thanks for ur responses but I was actually talking about the behaviour of the input field in ur compose tweet screen on your twitter bb app if u click compose tweet a pop up screen appear , I am talking about the input field in that screen , I needed an input field that is scrollable and expandable and shows your inputs just like the twitter compose tweet input field , thanks .
Developer
Syamphu
My Device: Not Specified

if you talking about autosize edit field there are some thread that talking about it here
Developer
Iyenemi_Tyger

Please any links will be appreciated .