Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

videoRecordingDemo does not work on OS 5.0

Did anyone succeed in getting the videoRecordingDemo sample (comes with JDE5.0) to work?

I tried on BlackBerry 9700 v5.0.0.330 (Platform 5.1.0.91) and here is what I experienced:

1. start recording video for a while, select "stop recording" from menu. Try to play the file from the media player on the same phone and get "the media being played is of unsupported format"

2. start recording video and select "yes" to record to stream. record for a while, then select "commit recording" from menu. select "play recording" and got MediaExcepton: Error initializing media

3. start recording video for a while, select "commit recording".  the app does not response to any key press anymore. I had to reboot the device to get out of it.

Any thoughts on what could go wrong? Thanks

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: videoRecordingDemo does not work on OS 5.0

This sounds like the issue logged in Issue Tracker here:  https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/JAVAAPI-814

For #3, how long did you record and how long did you wait?

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: videoRecordingDemo does not work on OS 5.0

For #3, I probably recorded for 5 sec. and then have to reboot to get out.

I tried to record a bit longer 20-30 sec and when try to play, I got MediaExeption: error initializing media

It miraculously worked once where I recorded 22 second video and that can be played back. But cannot reproduce the success any more.

Is there a limit on how long to record and how long to wait?