Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

warning not shown

Hi,

I am facing very wierd issue, if i open very big file from native, phone dislpays a warning popup that "file is to big cannot be open", but if i open same file from my application i am not able to see that particular popup.

I am using method suggested in CHAPIdemo , i.e invocation and registry

Regards,
Rajat Gupta.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If your problem was get solved then please mark the thread as "Accepted solution" and kudos - your wish
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: warning not shown

What type of file are you opening it and where are you opening it from? 

If you are accessing a file from a FileConnection you won't see such a popup.  It'll be up to your application to determine if the size of the file is too large for it to open and display the appropriate warning to the user.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer

Hi Mark,

We are opening file through invocation method, using content handlers, problem comes when we try to open some normal text file.

Regards,
Rajat Gupta.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If your problem was get solved then please mark the thread as "Accepted solution" and kudos - your wish
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Is you application handling the method (actually opening the file) or are you firing the event to have an existing registered application open the file (another application opens and displays the file)?

Can you provide a code snippet?

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Highlighted
Developer

Hi, We are using approach provided in chapi demo for opening a non office document.
Regards,
Rajat Gupta.