Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: AT &T

what is two way sync?

hai guys,

can u explain two way sync cntacts in blackberry?

Developer
My Device: ಠ_ಠ

Re: what is two way sync?

Sync with what? Can you be more specific?

Contributor

hi,

actually i have criteria sync the conatcts in remote area which means out side of the device like pc(server computer) and saving the contacts in remote directory by using syn options so need a explanation .how the contacts sync one place to another?????/

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Sorry still not clear, and I'd rather not guess what you are trying to say.

Can you have another go at explaining what you are trying to achieve? 

In your previous explanation, phrases that I am not clear about include:

"criteria sync" - what is a criteria sync?

"remote area" - is that like a part of the country that is a long way away?

"syn options" -  ???

Are you looking for functionality that already exists in the device, or how you would write such a facility?

Contributor

Hi,

I have a requirement store the contacts in out side of phone which is pc  with two way synchronization .this is the app exactly i want to do.so am asking how the way to sync the conatcts?

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Still no clearer really, but I see you found someone who understood what you were saying:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Remote-Directory-contacts/td-p/1996643

I suggest we leave discussion of your requirement to that one Thread rather than bloat the forum with multiple Threads discussing the same thing. 

A random comment, I suspect if you spell check (see spell check button when editing a Post), use commas, full stops, capitals etc to separate sentences and most importantly, review your posts before putting them on the forum, the posts are easier to read and will get better responses.  The effort is worth it.  Just a thought for the future.  Hope it helps.