Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
maminde
My Device: 9550
My Carrier: verison

why 9500 simulator run in 4.7 show compatible mode, not full screen, not accept touch?

hi, I want  to compile for OS 4.6, 4.7 and 5.0 above. it works well above 5.0,  and it is ok under 4.6, when I test it in 4.7, there are two type in simulator (9530 9500), but the application always show virtaul keyboard, and not accept touch action. the application screen seems smailer than full screen, anybody knows why?

Author of pairs and Gradient
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
pp
My Device: 4.5 and above
My Carrier: none

Re: why 9500 simulator run in 4.7 show compatible mode, not full screen, not accept touch?

Hi,
VirtualKeyboard appears when there is any textBox or something to be editable. just goto option and click hideKeyboard. then you will get full screen.

one more thing if the previous screen is having any textbox then if you push next screen without poping that screen then the pushed screen will be having halfscreen thing that rest half is covered by virtualKeyboard. So the best thing to do is when ever u push one screen pop the present before pushing.

Thanks & Regards
pp
Please use plain text.
Developer
maminde
My Device: 9550
My Carrier: verison

Re: why 9500 simulator run in 4.7 show compatible mode, not full screen, not accept touch?

I review the application mode, and find that it real is compatible mode. I do not know why the simulator set my application to this mode as default, but disable it will solve the problem, thank you for consideration and advice.

Author of pairs and Gradient
Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: O2 Germany

touch devices automatically set the compatibility mode if the program was compiled with a OS version lower than 4.7
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.