Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Trusted Contributor
lcocea
My Device: PlayBook & Nexus 4
Accepted Solution

2.0 NDK + BB10 NDK?

After installing the BB10 NDK the current 2.0 NDK cannot launch & run apps anymore. Can the two NDKs coexist on the same machine? Tx.

Developer
Neurocode
My Device: Torch 9800 & Playbook

Re: 2.0 NDK + BB10 NDK?

I have both NDK's installed on my win 7 machine.  I have noticed that if you have an instance of both open at the same time, you can get some strange behaviour from eclipse.  However, using them independently seems tonwork without issue.

regards

Daniel - Neurocode
If my posts help, please click the Like button.

gymChronicles - helping you to keep motivated
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
gperry
My Device: Developer

Are you still having issues with the NDK or does only having one open at a time resolve your issue?

Regards

Graham

Trusted Contributor
lcocea

When both were installed, even if only one was open, none worked: 2.0 said that it found environment 10 while expecting 2.0; and 10beta said that it could not detect the simulator. Then I decided I only wanted NDK 10 (for Cascades) and I uninstalled 2.0. However, NDK 10beta still cannot find the simulator (has trouble "building a target"), but only when I try to build/run an app, otherwise the sim is listed in the bottom IDE panel. I wonder what I'm missing here.

gperry

Something to try - I had problems this morning and this was what I had to do.

Configure the IP Address for the simulator manually - auto discovery was not working so needed manual setting.

Once that was set I selected the project I wanted to run and right clicked to select the Build Configurations->Set Active and made sure this was set to Simulator-Debug. Verify this took just to be on the safe side.

At this point I was able to build and run the Cowbell Sample App on the sim with no problem.

Hope this helps.

Graham

Trusted Contributor
lcocea

[ Edited ]

I think I have alreay tried what you suggest but I will try again. Maybe I should also try deleting all NDK settings (reinstalling the package didn't help) in case the NDK 2.0 installation saved settings that interfere with NDK 10.

gperry

Still having problems?

Graham

Trusted Contributor
lcocea

[ Edited ]

It works for me now, after I followed the instructions posted by user Offo in another thread. Thanks.

Update: Just to be clear - I uninstalled the 2.0 NDK as I chose Cascades.

gperry

Glad to hear it - Good luck developing.

Graham