Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

$2 Million in Rewards Available for the BlackBerry 10 Last Chance Port-A-Thon

From the BlackBerry Developer blog.

Last call for porting apps starts Jan 18th – Register now for the Last Chance Port-A-Thon!

After staying up for 37.5 hours and working with some amazing developers to submit 15,060 apps, how do I reward myself? Obviously, by planning another port-a-thon this weekend! We’ve also doubled the reward opportunity for developers as we look for some new and exciting apps to add to BlackBerry World.

That’s right: this weekend we will have $2,000,000 available in rewards to developers for submitting their apps. Our last few port-a-thons have been so successful that we’re confident this weekend will yield some amazing apps for BlackBerry 10.

What apps are eligible, you ask? You can build/port apps using any one of the development languages that supports BlackBerry 10. Port from Android, use HTML5, Native C/C++, AIR, jQuery, Marmalade, Qt, PhoneGap, Appcelerator, Sencha and more. Additionally, apps created using BlackBerry App Generatorare also eligible. (Note: you need to own the blog content to be eligible)

All apps that are submitted will be reviewed and approved apps will be notified with rewards. You can find answers to any logistical questions here.

These port-a-thons are just part of our dedication to our developers and apps for our new BlackBerry 10 platform. We’re dedicated to building a healthy ecosystem for BlackBerry 10. We’re committed to our Built For BlackBerry initiative and our 10k developer commitment.

Get on board – now’s your chance to get your app ready for the BlackBerry 10 launch.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Developer
greenback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, DAC

Re: $2 Million in Rewards Available for the BlackBerry 10 Last Chance Port-A-Thon

Are developers who have previously attended a port-a-thon and have since developed new application eligible to receive the prize incentives?

Please use plain text.
New Developer
MedNez
My Device: Not Specified

Re: $2 Million in Rewards Available for the BlackBerry 10 Last Chance Port-A-Thon

Yes. As long as the app is new to BB10 and not submitted to BB World yet.
Please use plain text.
Developer
tanphat1412
My Device: BlackBerry
My Carrier: Mobifone

It's about five day after the lastest Port-A-Thon, but I didn't receive any information about my apps. I don't think that i will attend this port-a-thon, a little disappointed :smileysad:.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
MedNez

Hi tanphat1412,

There are 15,000 apps to go through. On a good day, you might wait 8-10 days to get an app approved. I think (even though BB has got some outside help to sort through them), you (and I, and others) will be waiting ~2+ weeks to hear about our apps.

Don't despair. I've submitted mine and heard nothing, as have all my other dev friends and colleagues. Not worried at all.

Just give it time. You'll know when all the announcements come out about where they are up to, in a week or so.
Please use plain text.
Developer
thett
My Device: Red 10
My Carrier: Mobifone

Hi Devs,

Can anyone help me to clarify the process to attend Portathon this weekend?

I've registered for the event, what should I do next?

Please use plain text.
New Developer
MedNez

Nothing! When the Port-A-Thon starts you can add your apps into BlackBerry World. Don't add them beforehand - they have to be created within the 36 hour time frame to qualify!

Technical notes - make sure you have your Vendor account all set up, and that your signing keys are installed etc. If you have't done either of these, they can take a bit of time so best to be ready early.
Please use plain text.
Developer
bcs925
My Device: PlayBook, DA B, DA C, LE Z10 #102, Q10, Z30
My Carrier: T-Mobile

thett wrote:

Hi Devs,

Can anyone help me to clarify the process to attend Portathon this weekend?

I've registered for the event, what should I do next?

Don't need to do anything to qualify for the prizes after you've registered, just submit apps during the 36hour period.

And in your confirmation email for signing up you should have got a meeting notice, inside that meeting notice is a link to an Adobe Connect online collaboration meeting.  There you can ask questions to RIM experts as well as other developers.

---
Check out my BB10 Cascades Coding site: BBcascades.com & Cascades Blog: bbcascadescode.tumblr.com

My Built for BlackBerry app: The Dive Plan
Please use plain text.
Developer
mzex
My Device: Playbook, Z10LE, DevAlpha C
My Carrier: Telenor, Mobitel

I submitted apps for Android and Community portathons, and i got email with confirmation which apps are eligible, and list is OK, but in that email i read one very disturbing line:

"If your apps are not all approved by the deadline of January 25, we will reward you based on the number of apps approved at that time."

What is meaning of this? So, if my apps arent approved at all until 25 january because of long wait times, i will get no rewards at all? Its not our fault , and we submit apps on time, it is only RIMs fault for so long wait times for approval.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
MedNez

As I understand it, all your apps should be approved a few days before January 25. You will then have a day or two to resubmit if an app was not approved. 

Please use plain text.