Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
mzex
My Device: Playbook, Z10LE, DevAlpha C
My Carrier: Telenor, Mobitel

Re: $2 Million in Rewards Available for the BlackBerry 10 Last Chance Port-A-Thon

I am very sceptical that all 15 000 apps would be reviewed few days before 25 January.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
MedNez
My Device: Not Specified

Re: $2 Million in Rewards Available for the BlackBerry 10 Last Chance Port-A-Thon

RIM has engaged some test houses to help - so rather than just the regular approvals team, there's some outside help to get the job done.

See Alec's twitter post about it here:

https://twitter.com/asaunders/status/290345972645650435

Further, every Port-A-Thon so far has had the details/deadlines slightly changed to be more lenient. I don't see why they wouldn't do the same thing here if they had to :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Developer
mzex

Keep in mind that tommorow is new portathon, i'm very sceptical about those dates.

Please use plain text.
Developer
slashkyle
My Device: Red Z10
My Carrier: Telus

well its certainly as simple as submitting an app, I was just notified that i was entered into the last port-a-thon & all because I submitted my app that day

Please use plain text.
New Developer
MedNez

I guess what it comes down to is that RIM won't turn around and say "ah, you know what, we couldn't get through all your submissions so we're just cutting it off here for rewards". It's not like they have a deadline to pay out financial rewards by...

Everything will work out!
Please use plain text.
New Developer
MedNez

To follow this up, we just got confirmation from Lou Gazzola from RIM in the webcast that the deadline will be pushed back if the initial review by RIM isn't complete in time. Further, like the other Port-A-Thon's, that there will be time for resubmissions.
Please use plain text.
Developer
mzex

That is relaxing news, thanks :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.