Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Regular Contributor
CrozyBB
My Device: Bold 9790, Dev Alpha A

A Question for RIM's Dev Relations Team - Social Apps before BB10 Launch

Hey, I've got a question about integrating social networks with a native cascades app and the Built for BB10 acceptance criteria. I know RIM has been pushing the invocation framework quite a lot and I think it's a brilliant idea conceptually. However, how are we supposed to make an app that seemlessly integrates social apps like FB, twitter and foursquare while getting accepted to the Built for BB10 program without actually being able to test out these app on a Dev Alpha device? Is it possible to sideload these FB, twitter and foursquare? Or will the be a software update soon that will includes these? The final date for Built for BB10 is fast approaching and I want to make sure my app reaches the full potential of the invocation framework.

Developer
AlexXF
My Device: Bold 9780, DevAlpha

Re: A Question for RIM's Dev Relations Team - Social Apps before BB10 Launch

Just use share to _All in initial release. It must works. When FB/Twitter/Foursquare will be available you will adjust your software.
Regular Contributor
CrozyBB
My Device: Bold 9790, Dev Alpha A

Re: A Question for RIM's Dev Relations Team - Social Apps before BB10 Launch

The dev alpha will brick on Jan 30th. I would prefer to have this sort of stuff figured out before that happens haha