Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
Cozz
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: A little disappointed by cascades

janetsa wrote:

(1) You are talking about a demo that was presented by a former CEO from a previous administration.

(2) It's a demo.  TAT made a zillion cool videos available on youtube --- guess what?  None of their paying customers ever use that stuff in their final product.

(3) It's a demo that has zero real world usage value --- tracking emails and contacts with a bunch of squiggly lines.

(4) It's a demo in a keynote speech --- it's a sales pitch that is supposed to be somewhat misleading. 

I don't think it matters what administration says what. This was displayed and flaunted by RIM to promote a product that simply doesnt offer those features. You don't go to a dealership to drive a demo car only to find out the real car doesn't offer half of the features that were explained to you.

Updated my pin
Please use plain text.
Developer
ignites
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Pace Maker was written in Native/ Cascades no? If so then it shows us that all of what rim advertise is completely possible, you just need the right skill set 

Cozz wrote:

janetsa wrote:

(1) You are talking about a demo that was presented by a former CEO from a previous administration.

(2) It's a demo.  TAT made a zillion cool videos available on youtube --- guess what?  None of their paying customers ever use that stuff in their final product.

(3) It's a demo that has zero real world usage value --- tracking emails and contacts with a bunch of squiggly lines.

(4) It's a demo in a keynote speech --- it's a sales pitch that is supposed to be somewhat misleading. 

I don't think it matters what administration says what. This was displayed and flaunted by RIM to promote a product that simply doesnt offer those features. You don't go to a dealership to drive a demo car only to find out the real car doesn't offer half of the features that were explained to you.

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

I think PaceMaker is mostly just holes punched through to OpenGL. Can't see much similarity with BB10 Cascades in there. For instance, AFAIK there is no way to do the wave graph or the ring controls in BB10 Cascades without getting messy with OpenGL...

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.