Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Visitor
voltaren
My Device: Blackberry Dev Alpha A
My Carrier: Megafon

AIR Native Extension with usage of library that requires Qt

Hi, everyone. I'm trying to create native extension for AIR, where i using Blackberry Device Info. When i add this library and QtCore to my project, and trying to use classes from Blackberry Device Info, i get error during compiling -
"fatal error: QtCore/qconfig.h: No such file or directory       line 62, external location: /Applications/bbndk/target_10_0_9_1673/qnx6/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qglobal.h    C/C++ Problem"
can any one help me how to fix it? May be i can get information about carrier using BPS? But i'm looking into BPS API and there is nothing about getting carrier name. Thanks for help.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
CMY
My Device: 8130 / 8350 / 9530 / 9550 / 9850 / PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: AIR Native Extension with usage of library that requires Qt

I received a similar error and it was because I only included the ..../qt4/QtCore directory but you also need to add the ..../qt4 directory because the headers are included as <QtCore/.....>
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mm-umd
My Device: Z10 Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: None

[ Edited ]

Can you please explain how to set the includes in the BlackBerry QNX Momentics IDE? I can't find anything in the IDE that seems to correspond to a Makefile -I directive, and there are no Makefiles to edit by hand. 

Edit:

The include directives are not under the C/C++ Build section, but under the C/C++ General section. I personally don't think that makes any sense, but that's where it is. 

My simple modification of the HelloAir sample now runs into 275 errors in code I have not written. This is the kind of problem that I have seen when trying to compile C++ code with a C compiler, but I don't see any way to switch the compiler, and when I built the project I selected C++. 

Has anyone successfully built an ANE that includes functionality from BlackBerry's Qt libraries? Looking at the github repository of ANE files, not a single one uses Qt. They all appear to use straight C, and Qt is C++. 

https://github.com/blackberry/Community-APIs-for-AIR/tree/master/BlackBerry10

I am simply trying to read the phone number from the device using

http://developer.blackberry.com/native/reference/cascades/bb__system__phone__line.html#function-id

and then pass that back to the actionscript layer. I have built an ANE successfully with a native Android implementation, so I am familiar with the general headache of building an ANE, but the native layer of BlackBerry is causing me a giant headache. If someone could help me with either:

1) building the C++ native library with Qt

or

2) reading the device phone number in straight C

I would really appreciate the assistance. 

Please use plain text.
New Developer
Bumble2000
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Mobilicity

I'm having exactly the same issue.  Did anyone figure it out?

Please use plain text.