Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
raju504
My Device: Blackberry 10 Dev Alpha

About location services

Hi!

I am developing an app that requires location services permission. I have succeeded with retrieving the device's latitude and longitude. if the location services are turned off or on, by the user while using the application, I can detect the state of it (On or Off). But when the permission is changed to On while using the app, I couldn't get the device's lat and lon. If I restart my app I can get those values. Is it compulsory to restart my app..? OR Is there any way to get those lat and lon when the location services are turned on....!

Thanks.

- Raju

- Raju
Please use plain text.
Developer
raju504
My Device: Blackberry 10 Dev Alpha

Re: About location services

I can get the latitude and longitude in simulator but not in the dev alpha- B device. Anything I am missing to check..!

- Raju
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
jehrismann
My Device: Z10

Re: About location services

[ Edited ]

Hi Raju,

You should be able to restart your position updates without restarting your app. If you are using the C++ API (QtLocationSubset) see my replies in this post, they may help with your situation.

Regarding not getting position updates on the device, are you trying to get satellite (gps) updates, and if so, does your device have a clear view of the sky?

Jim

Please use plain text.