Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Active tab name in TabbedPane sometimes doesn't display

I have a TabbedPane with six tabs, causing three of the tabs to be accessible only from the peek feature.  When I select one of the tabs which is not shown on the tab bar by default, the name and icon of the tab usually appears where the peek button is to indicate to the user which tab is selected. However, sometimes the name of the tab doesn't appear on the peak button, and there's no indication to the user that they've selected one of the tabs in the sidebar.

Is this a bug in the framework?

Thanks,

Scott

Developer
My Device: bb10 developer

Re: Active tab name in TabbedPane sometimes doesn't display

This is by design. If you select a tab that is always on the action bar, then the overflow button needs to indicate that nothing is selected from the overflow menu.
Developer

What I am seeing is when an item from the overflow is selected, its icon and name isn't always displayed on the peek button.

Thanks,

Scott

Developer

screenshot?

All tabs - whether or not they are pinned to the action bar - are displayed in the overflow menu. When you select an item from the overflow menu, and that item has a correspondong tab in the actionbar already, then the tab itself is selected, rather than the overflow tab
Developer

There's not much to show in the screen shot. When a tab that's not shown in the action bar is selected from the  overflow menu, the tab will not be shown on the action bar about one out of three times - the peek button will only show the three lines. I cannot reproduce this bug on all devices. 

Thanks,

Scott

Developer

Another way of describing the bug is sometimes when a tab that's not in the action bar is selected, on the action bar it will appear that no tab is selected.

Scott

Developer

That does sound like a bug then.. I never noticed this before. Was this on the latest GC builds? I would expect it to be fixed at some point, it definitely doesn't sound like its supposed to act this way
Developer

So far I can only produce it on one device, so I'm not going to worry about it until I can reproduce on the production devices.

Thanks for the input!

Scott