Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
nmathew87
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Added two releases for approval before 11th

Hi,

Uploaded my release and submitted it for approval. Shortly after that I found that it was crashing on devices at the first install. So I fixed the bug and added another release for approval, both before the 11th January deadline. I'm waiting for app world approval and BFB approval. How does the approval process work now that I have two releases submitted ? 

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Added two releases for approval before 11th

There's a queue.. they take your first one when it's time to do it, then they notice the second one and skip the first one, possibly issuing a blanket "reject" for it. They review the second one since there's no point reviewing the first.

If the first gets rejected, just sit tight waiting for the email/update about the second one.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
nmathew87

thanks for the clarification!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nmathew87

Just had aonther question.

If i do get bfb approval on my current submission and then want to push out another updated release, Do i just need approval for that release or do I need to wait for bfb approval on every release ?

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477

BFB has to be requested for each individual release which you want certified.

Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
nmathew87

thanks. Sorry for the barage of questions but I just wanted to make sure I understand the process correctly.

So let's say I get BFB approved on my current submission by the 21st. Then I add another updated release for BBAW approval and BFB approval. Do I retain my qualification for the 10k commitment given that my first release was BFB approved before the deadline ?

Please use plain text.
Developer
slashkyle
My Device: Red Z10, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Telus

I would think that if any release you sent out after that didnt meet bfbb would be turned down so as not to disrupt the quality

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477

We'll have to request BFB testing explicitly on each update that we submit (and which gets basic testing approval first). If it fails to pass BFB testing, we get a chance to resubmit and get it. If that still fails, I'm not sure whether they would let us just keep the previous release out there (the one that *did* originally get BFB certification), or whether they'd actually pull the certification even if we didn't post the update. Seems like a corner case that needs answering.

If you actually get BFB certification on that update, however, then it absolutely retains your participation in the 10K program.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477

Worth also noting that this whole area (10K and BFB) is ambiguous, evolving, and confusing enough that anyone who is not an official representative of RIM who posts on the matter shouldn't be considered as 100% guaranteed to be correct. (And if it wasn't clear, I'm not a RIM representative.)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nmathew87

Thanks guys. You're right this does seem pretty ambiguous. So if anyone, including me, get's an official update from a RIM representative regarding this, please do share it on the thread.

Please use plain text.