Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790, Dev Alpha A
My Carrier: Koodo

App Wont Launch

I changed the icon in bar descriptor file and after I went to launch the app it failed an I got the following response

result::failure 812 /var/tmp/bar_867506: duplicate member name

Even after changing my icon back to the default icon I get the same error.

I really have no idea why this happening. There's nothing wrong with launching any other app either.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: App Wont Launch

Did you know the .bar file is merely a zip file with a different file extension? You can unzip it and inspect the contents. Actually, if there's truly a duplicate name inside (though I wouldn't have thought the zip format would even allow that), you could tell by just doing a listing on the contents rather than unzipping (e.g. "unzip -t yourpackage.bar", if you have the unzip program on your system.

If you do unzip it, the most critical file is the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF file, which includes among other things a list with every file that's bundled into the package. Check there for oddities, or in the unzip folders, and maybe you'll see something strange which, if you fix it, will resolve the problem.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: o2

where to find the bar file?

Plase "+Like" my post if it was helpful.
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

If you're using Momentics, it generally ends up in the arm/o.le-v7 subfolder of your project, or similar places. Use a search tool to find it below your project...

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790, Dev Alpha A
My Carrier: Koodo

No duplicated files found in the Manifest. I just decided to copy everything to a new Cascades project and it works fine now. I must have accidentally changed something in the bar descriptor or aomething like that :s

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I had the exact same problem.  Could not resolve it without recreating the project.  The first time this happened I removed the icon from the bar-descriptor.xml and then readded the new icon.png file.

After recreating the project, I just copied over the initial icon.png with the new version and didn't mess with the bar-descriptor.xml.

Developer
My Device: Red Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Funny thing, this happened to me a few months back.  Not fun at all...

Just like everyone else I had to create a new project and move everything over

Visitor
My Device: bb10
My Carrier: telcel

the problem is in the bar-descriptor.xml file, is probably that you declarate two or more times the icon or the splash, to fix this problem you must review the xml code in the fil directly in the source tab, i hope this colub be helpfull.:Batman: