Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
helex
My Device: Nokia N950 / BB Playbook
My Carrier: -
Accepted Solution

App with TabbedPane as Invoke Target

Hi!

I would like to create a App using a TabbedPane (4 Tabs) as root and make this App a Invoke Target to share Text to it.

Since the TabbedPane has to be root this seems to be not practical. When Invoking to this App the Menu gets removed and I'm only able to get back to the root application by swiping from the left. This seems not very practical to me. And I'm unable to change the currently displayed Tab when invoking to the App.

Any Ideas how to solve this or a good Idea for a workaround?

If TabbedPane and Tabs are not possible, what should I use as a practical alternative?

I would like to create this App according the the Cascades UI Guidelines: http://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/design/bb10/application_structure.html

Please use plain text.
Developer
javayoung
My Device: Alpha 10, Bold 9900, Storm 9530, Tour 9630, Curve 9320, Curve 8900
My Carrier: All

Re: App with TabbedPane as Invoke Target

[ Edited ]

Did you invoke as a card or an application. I tested it by invoking as an application. My application which is also TabbedPane can be invoked and the menu can be shown normally.

p(^_^)q
Good good study, day day up
Please use plain text.
Developer
helex
My Device: Nokia N950 / BB Playbook
My Carrier: -

[ Edited ]

Ah, good hint. I tested everything from "card.*", in this case "card.previewer". Not realized that there may be more options. I can't test it right now, but I will as soon as I get back to my code. :smileyhappy:

Edit: Ehm, no. Thats not the best solution. I would loose the touch and peek functionality. It would open my App in a seperate window in the Task switcher. Hmm... okay, hard decision. But good hint! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
javayoung
My Device: Alpha 10, Bold 9900, Storm 9530, Tour 9630, Curve 9320, Curve 8900
My Carrier: All

Yes, sometimes have to consider to change the UI design. 

p(^_^)q
Good good study, day day up
Please use plain text.