Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
nemoryoliver
My Device: BB10 Simulator

Appcelerator Signing Problem

Any Appcelerator devs here? sorry I know this is the wrong thread, but got no place in here to post from and appcelerator compiles the program to native anyway.

When I try to select the keys directory, it want's the CSI files not the CSJ. I am building for BB10 too. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Appcelerator Signing Problem

The IDE still needs updating to support signing for BlackBerry 10. For now you will need to sign the BAR file created by the SDK/IDE using the command-line.

The IDE should be updated in the near future with signing support integrated.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
nemoryoliver
My Device: BB10 Simulator

Thanks for the help sir. Now I have another problem signing it through command line:

Error:

Code signing request failed because Application-Development-Mode in Manifest is present and is not set to [false]

Now I don't know how to set the manifest to that. :smileysad: Any help?

Please use plain text.
Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Apps generated in debug mode get a flag set in the manifest file:

Application-Development-Mode: true

If this flag is set to true then the app cannot be signed.

A .BAR file is essentially just an archive, so what you can do is open this BAR using any sort of Archive app you like (WinZip, 7-Zip, WinRAR etc) then locate the MAINIFEST.MF file (META-INF\MAINIFEST.MF) and modify the flag to false. Then just place the file back into the archive and you should be good to sign.

Once deply to device capabilities are added to Titanium this process should be much more automated :smileyhappy:

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.