Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
moltres
My Device: non-BlackBerry user

Application Menu problem

Hi everyone,
I need help with "application menu" property. I would be very grateful if someone could help and sort this out.

Description:
Stuck with application menu. Could get it worked, but not always.

Required Information:
First, let me give you the storyboard structure of my application:

- I have main.qml that is a Navigation Pane and has a Page inside of it.
- I have information.qml that is a Page and has a Sheet as an attached object. Sheet contains a Tabbed Pane.

When user opens the app, the first screen is the page that takes place in the main.qml file which contains some options (selections). After a selection is made, the page, within information.qml file, is pushed. After another selection is made, the attached object, Sheet, is opened which is in the same qml file (information.qml) and intended information is listed in that tabbed pane.

Problem:
Here is the problem that I encounter. When I put application menu with "Menu.definition: MenuDefinition {}" syntax, everything works well in main.qml. After the selection, where the other page is pushed, still it works well. However, after the 2nd selection, where sheet is opened, application menu no more responses. When I return to home screen, application menu and works perfectly again.

Observations:
As far as I observed, Sheet does not let application menu to be run inside of it. Also, since I need a tabbed pane where I want to list information, I had to use sheet. Why? Because pushing "Tabbed Pane" into Navigation Pane is not allowed.

Conclusion:
I need your help to get over with this problem (: If you know how to run application menu inside of a Sheet please share your solution with me. Also if you have any other design in your mind (in terms of storyboard structure) for using tabbed pane and navigation pane together, I would be glad to hear that.

Thank you for consideration and help.

Please use plain text.
Developer
steve_web
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook, 9900

Re: Application Menu problem

I could be wrong but I think with the "temporary overlay" nature of a sheet it is intended/expected that the application menu does not work.

PlayBook Apps: DataMine, Dots + Boxes, 5 Marbles
BlackBerry SmartPhone Apps: 5 Marbles Soon: **** (D.Z.A), ****Quest, **** Challenge, VaultCracker, DevBrowser, Radial****
Please use plain text.
Developer
moltres

Do you know that I can disable that feature of "Sheet" temporarily?

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

you can replace your navigation pane with a tabbed pane from c++ if you have to do so.
the sheet will not show the application menu.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
Developer
moltres

I am very sorry if I did not understand correctly but I am gonna have to push another tabbed pane anyway aren't I?

This is the application by the way. You can take a look at -> http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/35529890/?countrycode=TR

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ElmerLiu
My Device: Q5

I have the same problem.

Do you get a solution now?

Please use plain text.