Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
szj087
My Device: N/A

Application built for NDK beta 2 can't be launched on Trunk-developer build.

Hi, all

I have built one cascade  application for devices and it runs smoothly :smileyhappy:.   After I upgraded the software of devices to Trunk-developer and the application can't be launched anymore. It reports the following error.

ldd:FATAL: Unresolved symbol "_ZN2bb8cascades11QmlDocumentC1Ev" called from Executable

It seems that cascades::QmlDocument is not found on the device. I know that cascade is not stable now and I may endure some huge change before it is officially released to the public.  But QmlDocument should be one of fundamental thing if we use the QML in the C++ code, is that still unstable or has it big change in the future? How can fix that??

Thanks/BRs

BlackBerry Development Advisor
smcveigh
My Device: developer

Re: Application built for NDK beta 2 can't be launched on Trunk-developer build.

Use Trunk NDK.  There are enough differences between R6 and Trunk.

Contributor
szj087
My Device: N/A

Re: Application built for NDK beta 2 can't be launched on Trunk-developer build.

Thanks for your so quickly response. It's my first thinking that I should use the NDK trunk, but I found that the latest release date of that was on Feb 28, 2012. The latest trunk elease of mobile software (1660) is on July.  That's my concern. Whether that NDK works on the latest release. 

Thanks and I will try that.

BRs

BlackBerry Development Advisor
smcveigh
My Device: developer

If you are a RIM development partner or employee (which I assume you are, if you say you are using "trunk" builds), then you should be able to get access via your official channels.  The NDK is available on a daily basis internally.  This support forum is not intended for internal discussion unless related to the official external releases.

Cheers,

Sean