Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
jamiejulius
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Pelephone

Re: Application did not handle 'exit' message and was slayed

No. Still on 386.

It was my understanding that 545 only addressed the Invocation API and Notifications API. Neither of which are important to me at this time.

Does it contain additional fixes?

Thanks,

Jamie

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
thrrgilag
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

I'm running into a similar issue when my application is terminated while showing a webview.  I'm currently using the beta 3 sdk (10.0.9.386).  Is there a good way to handle cleaning up a webview when the application exits?

I noticed that the webview in the Cookbook sample exhibits the same behavior so is it safe to assume this is a bug and will be fixed at some point?

Please use plain text.
Developer
smiley
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

I'm also having this problem on the dev unit.  It happens most of the times when I exit the app.

Is this something wrong with my app or the OS?

Please use plain text.
Developer
kanaksony
My Device: BB 10 Dev Alpha

Facing same in Dev Unit and Simulator both. Browser is having this issue many times and exiting apps.

Regards,
Kanak Sony
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://dodevelopnshare.wordpress.com/ | http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=188131481&trk=tab_pro
Please use plain text.
bilaljaved
My Device: Playbook 2.0, BB10
My Carrier: Warid

Hi

I was also facing the same problem,then i handled NAVIGATOR_EXIT event and unloaded and deallocated all resources of my application, so got rid of it. But still,during initialization of my game (on splash screen), when i close the app forcefully, message appears. Can't do anything as main loop of my applicatin which handles navigator and other events runs after initializing all resources.

regards

Bilal

Billy
Please use plain text.
Developer
smiley
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

bilaljaved wrote:

Hi

I was also facing the same problem,then i handled NAVIGATOR_EXIT event and unloaded and deallocated all resources of my application, so got rid of it. But still,during initialization of my game (on splash screen), when i close the app forcefully, message appears. Can't do anything as main loop of my applicatin which handles navigator and other events runs after initializing all resources.

regards

Bilal

My problem is with the Cascade app and not Native C/C++ apps.  There is no event loop in the Cascade app.

I do not have this problem with Native build apps.

Question:  If I submit the app as is with the exit app error and submit it to AppWorld will they deny it because of the error msg?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sucroid
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: None

I have the same problem with my Native apps.  They work perfectly fine on the PlayBook but now the "Application did not handle 'exit' message and was slayed" is appearing.  It didn't appear when I was on 10.0.6.  What is happening?  Everything is deallocated properly after NAVIGATOR_EXIT.

Sucroid.com
Sweet Apps for the Fans
Please use plain text.
Developer
Shwarup
My Device: 9550
My Carrier: At&T

Hi Guys,

I am getting bellow error while closing application.

ERROR: Context: Object name=" "WebView" " [objectId= 27 ] not unrealized

Can any one help me to fix it.
Thanks,

Shwarup Biswas
Please use plain text.
Developer
lewellyn
My Device: PlayBook, Bold 9650, Dev Alpha A
My Carrier: Sprint

[ Edited ]

You have a different error from the one being discussed in this thread. The one in this thread has not appeared for most of us in about 3 months.

You should open your own thread, rather than hijacking this one.

Is there a helpful or useful post in this thread? Click the thumbs up on it so that other people can find it more easily!
Like this post too! :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.