Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
BGmot
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: x

Re: Apps to support remote control thru Blackberry Bridge (how to handle 'mouse' events)

I can't agree with you. RIM is giving everything you need to develop and is not going to babysit anybody. Just develop -) 

Please use plain text.
hjt
Contributor
hjt
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Apps to support remote control thru Blackberry Bridge (how to handle 'mouse' events)

Well, if you can not help,  please be quiet.    I'm trying to help RIM and people like you to approach developement properly--not by trials and errors.

For most GUI systems (windows, java,  even javascript) etc.),   mouse events normally have Up/Down/Move/Click to give the current state of the user interaction.   Even NDK has mtouch_touch/ mtouch_move/mtouch_release for touch ui.  But there is only one single SCREEN_EVENT_POINTER event for all mouse actions.   Developers have to comb thru the header file just to figure this out indirectly.   This is very inadequate.     For the same event,  what does the PROPERTY_DEVICE_INDEX mean?  Anybody knows?  Explained anywhere?    And there are plenty of these kind undocumented information  throughout the NDK API reference.   RIM should at least learn from their own QNX product for basic documentation.     I see little improvement from the Blackberry 10.    There is a reason why RIM is falling behind Apple and Android and RIM  can not catch up with support like you.      

Please use plain text.