Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
sensationality
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Auto-Completed search form

Hi,

I have a dropdown list with a large amount of items. To make it easier for the user to search, I want to add a text input to the dropdown which would let them type a letter in and it would complete the word according to what's available in the list. 

I'm wondering if anybody has any idea on how to do this or something similar to this in Cascades. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Auto-Completed search form

[ Edited ]

I don't see any reason why you couldn't check for keypresses while the list is expanded then remove the options that don't correspond to the key press. Maybe with an optional Label to show the currently typed letters or some indication to the user that this is possible.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
sensationality
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Thanks for the suggestion. Is there a way to show the keyboard when I click the dropdown list?

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Orange

There is... :smileyhappy:

http://developer.blackberry.com/native/reference/bb10/com.qnx.doc.bps.lib_ref/com.qnx.doc.bps.lib_re...

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.