Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
sam-truscott
My Device: Z30

Automatic Input Control (_sys_inject_events)

I have been working on something that does something very similar but this looks like it would be a really good replacement. However, at the moment I can only find the permission, there's no information about any API?

Ideally I'd like to use it to a) record events and serialise them and b) replay those events. I have managed to do most of it using some fairly interesting QML/C++ code down to the native elements.

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30

Re: Automatic Input Control (_sys_inject_events)

I've looked at this for automated testing and there have been a few threads on this in the past all with little or no success.

There are some automation APIs but they are not currently open to non partner developers.

What's your QML/C++ solution?

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev

Here's the previous discussion...

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Native-Development/sys-inject-events/td-p/2575865

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sam-truscott

I saw this but again there was little information for developers to actually use the API.

Right now the C++/QML solution is internal to my company but we were going to FOSS it. I'll see if I can push for it to happen sooner.

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev

[ Edited ]

Okay I can guess that what you've done is to extend each ui class (or something similar) with it's own intercept of all relevant signals with something that saves the information and then further functions to play them back via the controls normal slots and functions.

I looked at this but quickly concluded it was way too much work for the benefit it provided and decided to wait for some help from BlackBerry instead (still waiting BTW :smileyhappy:).

So kudos for doing this and please post again when you release it.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sam-truscott

Been given the go-ahead to open source it - need to do a bit of work to get it ready but should be able to release it in a day or so.

Even if they release Automatic Input Control (AIC) I can just replace parts of the project I've done with the AIC - it does other stuff like let you add/remove/modify the address book.

The intention was to have a TCP based solution but I've also but a Java BDD layer on the top.

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev

Great, looking forward to it, post when it's available.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sam-truscott

Please use plain text.